The Definitive Guide To All Things Haunted And Creepy In Indiana
Indiana definitely isn’t short on creepy, haunted, and abandoned places. It seems like wherever you go in the Hoosier State, the weird and the unexplained can be found. From paranormal legends regarding our most historic destinations to beloved annual haunted attractions, scare enthusiasts have plenty of options in Indiana. If you’re the type of person who thrives on seeking out these spots, this definitive guide will undoubtedly pique your interest. Detailing the scariest places in Indiana, our list will give you a well-rounded view of the horrifying destinations you should seek out on your next creepy adventure.
The Creepiest House In Indiana
The Most Haunted Road In Indiana (And Maybe America)
The 3 Most Haunted Places In Indiana
Indiana’s Freakiest Haunted Prison
Scariest Haunted House In Indiana
The Best Haunted Corn Maze In Indiana
5 Creepy Photos From Indiana
5 Creepy Facts About Indiana
1. You may know that John Dillinger, the infamous gangster and bank robber, is buried in Indianapolis, Indiana. But did you know his grave has been heavily reinforced with four layers of cement? The grave was reinforced at the request of Dillinger’s family, who (rightfully) predicted that his grave would be ransacked by the morbidly curious.
2. There’s a strange phenomenon in the city of Kokomo that results in roughly 2% of the population hearing a dull and endless hum. Nobody knows where the hum comes from (or how to stop it), and apparently this is a phenomenon that has occurred in several places around the world.
3. Believe it or not, the world’s best-preserved catacombs can be found here in Indiana. Located underneath Indianapolis’ City Market, the catacombs have a fascinating history and can be toured with an appointment.
4. There’s a ghost town called Barberville that was settled in the early 1800s. A century later, it was completely abandoned. Some say that ghosts haunt the area where this bustling town once stood, but you’ll simply have to visit for yourself to see if there’s any truth to it.
5. The town of Muncie, Indiana has been the site of several UFO sightings and occurrences. From eye-catching orange clouds to reports of triangular objects in the sky, there’s something about this small town that seems to attract the extraterrestrials!
Thank you! You'll receive your first newsletter soon!