Arizona March 28, 2016
15 Ways To Have The Most Arizona Day Ever
If you were to plan out a day that illustrates an ideal Arizona day, what would it look like? What kinds of activities would you want to engage in? If you’re in need of some ideas, here are a few suggestions we have to get you thinking about a perfect Arizona day.
1. The perfect start to any Arizona day? A sunrise walk or run, of course. Pick a trail with the eastern horizon in your view and enjoy greeting a new day.
2. Enjoy a drive through Arizona's open skies and wilderness. Where else would you be able to drive with perfect scenery, few people, and near absolute silence?
3. Or try a drive along old Route 66 for a bit of retro and (sometimes kitschy) fun.
4. Visit the remnants of some of Arizona's old mining towns, like Gleeson or Ruby.
5. Or, try out some real ghost hunting over in Jerome, Bisbee, or Tombstone. Just try not to let one follow you home!
6. Hungry? Eat a chimichanga, a deep fried burrito rumored to have been invented in our state and often considered the unofficial state food.
7. Another food option on a more traditional route is posole or hominy stew, which is featured in both Mexican and Indigenous cuisines.
8. Want a fancy meal? Try out one of Arizona's many award winning restaurants, such as the Turquoise Room in Winslow or Café Poca Cosa in Tucson.
9. Visit one of our rivers or creeks. Fish, swim, go boating, or just enjoy a picnic at the waterside. One stunning favorite? Canyon Lake.
Pictured here is Oak Creek along the Baldwin Trail in Sedona.
10. While you're spending time outdoors, spend some time birding or keeping an eye open for other wildlife. We're surrounded by so many of our animal neighbors but we're often too busy with our lives to pay much attention to them.
11. Don't forget to go for a hike. Arizona is blessed to have so many mountains, valleys, canyons, and other geological formations that are unique and absolutely noteworthy. A favorite way to enjoy them is through hiking or a nature walk.
12. Check out a rodeo for some real western fun. You're in luck, too, because we have at least a couple dozen coming up in the next few months.
13. Another Arizona pastime? Shooting. Check out one of our many ranges to practice your sharpshooting skills.
14. Need a break from the sunshine? Spend some time in one of our state's renowned museums, many of which are unique and brilliantly illustrate Arizona's many cultures.
15. Another option is to check out of Arizona's many historic landmarks, such as Tucson's San Xavier del Bac Mission.
16. Bask in a glorious Arizona sunset and know that you're living in one of the most stunning places in the world.
Which of these activities would you want to do to have an Arizona day? What else would you add to this list? Be sure to let us know your thoughts on our
Facebook fan page!