An Amusement Park Was Built And Left To Decay In The Middle Of Nowhere In South Carolina
In the middle of some of the most beautiful undeveloped land in the Piedmont is a little-known abandoned amusement park in South Carolina built in the mid-1920s for the employees and families of Springs Industries, and neighboring residents. It was called Springs Recreational Park, and several generations of families enjoyed creating lifelong memories at the park which featured an enormous swimming pool, complete with Olympic pizazz. It’s one of our favorite abandoned places in South Carolina, and it’s worth a look!
Do you recall spending time at Springs Park in the decades in which it was open? Do you wish we still had this wonderful family amusement park in South Carolina? Let us know!
If you can’t get enough of all the cool abandoned places in SC, you should also check out these awesome photos of an abandoned mansion in South Carolina! It’s as eerie as it is beautiful… and we’re totally here for it.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Abandoned Amusement Park in South Carolina
- Where is the abandoned amusement park in South Carolina?
Well, we suppose this depends on which one you’re looking for. There are actually several abandoned amusement parks in South Carolina, including:
- Springs Recreational Park, near Lancaster
- Heritage USA, in Fort Mill
- Freestyle Music Park, in Myrtle Beach
2. What are some other abandoned places in South Carolina?
South Carolina is one of the best states for urban exploration! There are a large number of abandoned places in South Carolina worthy of researching, such as:
- The Boynton House
- South Carolina State Mental Asylum
- Atalaya Castle
- St. Simons Episcopal Church
- Building M17 at Charleston Navy Base
3. What are some of the creepiest places in SC?
Of course, there are plenty more creepy places in South Carolina – after all, we’re an old state with a long history, and with long history comes some spooky stories, too. Some of the creepiest places in SC are places like:
- Lands End Road
- Anderson, and Crybaby Bridge
- The hike to the Stoney-Baynard Plantation Ruins