10 Incredible Hikes Under 5 Miles Everyone Around Austin Should Take
Have you been feeling bored lately? Are you in need of something new and fun to do? Look outside! You may find the great outdoors to be quite the entertaining hotspot in Austin (and the areas surrounding the city as well). Sometimes, taking a short trip away from home is good for you, and breathing fresh air is always a good idea. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best hikes in Austin all under five miles long that everyone ought to do at least once. If you have been searching “5-mile hike near me,” look no further! These are such great choices on this list that you will definitely find a new favorite. You can pick a shorter one if you’re just trying out hiking, or choose a longer one if you’re searching for your next major adventure outside. Check out the best hikes near Austin with your family and friends and you are sure to stay entertained all year long.
It is always a great day to go for a hiking adventure near Austin. Whether you prefer venturing out in the summertime when the kids are out of school or in the cooler months when you can enjoy a crisp breeze, there is never a wrong season to get outside and enjoy the beautiful nature around our hometown of Austin. There is a trail that is suitable for everyone, so get ready to enjoy the great outdoors regardless of your experience level. If you are newer to treks on trails, we are willing to bet that any of these lovely places will make you want to continue with your new hobby and come back to see them again and again.
Which of these Austin hiking trails are you going to choose? Have you gotten to explore any of them already? If so, we would love to hear about your adventures in the comments section. When you go, don’t forget to pack water and snacks, because you know how hot it can get without notice! And if you are looking for some great benefits while you learn about new trails to explore, check out AllTrails+.
More to Explore
Exploring in Texas
Where are the most scenic hikes in Texas?
The most scenic hikes in Texas are incredibly beautiful and bound to become your new favorites in the state.
- Armand Bayou Nature Center
- Brackenridge Park
- Gorman Falls
- McKittrick Canyon Nature Trail
- Lost Maples State Natural Area
- Galveston Island State Park Trail
- Palmetto State Park
- Santa Elena Canyon
- Enchanted Rock
What are the best state parks in Texas?
The best state parks in Texas are beautiful and ideal places to have outdoor adventures. Take your friends and family and enjoy a day in the fresh air and sunshine.
- Pendernales Falls State Park in Johnson City
- David Mountains State Park in Fort Davis
- Franklin Mountains State Park near El Paso
- Palo Duro Canyon State Park in Canyon
- Caprock Canyons State Park in Quitaque
- Big Bend Ranch State Park in Presidio
- Enchanted Rock State Natural Area in Fredericksburg
- Seminole Canyon State Park & Historic Site in Comstock
- Monahans Sandhills State Park in Monahans
- Garner State Park in Concan
- Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glen Rose
- Colorado Bend State Park in Bend
- Inks Lake State Park in Burnet
- Caddo Lake State Park in Karnack
- Bentsen-Rio Grande Valley State Park in Mission
- Guadalupe River State Park in Spring Branch
- Longhorn Cavern State Park in Burnet
What are the best small towns in Texas?
The best small towns in Texas are great places to go for a getaway when you have been living in a bigger city or need a quick weekend or day away.