The Longest Float Trip Near Austin Will Bring Your Summer Tubing Dreams To Life
If you’ve experienced an Austin summer, you know the best way to beat the scorching heat is to hit the water. Luckily, this city is surrounded by refreshing rivers, shady trees, and friendly faces. An always fun summer adventure is to take a road trip to New Braunfels and lazily lounge on the Guadalupe River near Austin. You could easily spend hours along the glistening water. One of the best floats in Texas, this will bring your tubing near Austin dreams to life.
For more information to help plan your visit, be sure to visit the Guadalupe River tubing website.
Of course, this isn’t the only place to go tubing near Austin. This all-day float trip will make your summer complete.
What’s your favorite place for river tubing near Austin? Any hidden gems in our corner of the Lone Star State you’d like to share? Tell us about them in the comments below… we are always up for a good float trip here at Only In Austin!
More to Explore
Tubing Near Austin
What are the best outdoor activities in Austin?
There's so much fun to get up to in the fresh air in Austin! To help choose your next adventure, consider the following:
- Check out the ultimate bucket list of outdoor activities in Austin. You'll love this list of spots to swim, kayak, hike, and more.
- You can even find a peacock while picnicking at this perfect pristine park in Austin!
- There are also a ton of free outdoor activities in Austin to get up to, so many that we made a separate list. You won't want to miss out on our outdoor gallery or pocket park.
Are there any good swimming holes in Austin?
Texas offers some awesome spaces to take a good dip. Some of the best swimming holes in Austin offer clear water, stunning views, and lots of solitude.
- There are some tiny waterfalls at Twin Falls and the surrounding nature feels so rustic!
- Another great spot is Hamilton Pool, a natural pool where you can swim in a cave-like setting.
- Or if pools or more are your thing, you can dive into the Deep Eddy Pool, the oldest swimming pool in Austin.
We've also put together a list of some great swimming holes near Austin if you're willing to step a little further out of the city.
Which state parks should I visit in Austin?
The state parks around Austin are pretty hard to beat! And lots of them are shockingly underrated so you can enjoy your time with relatively low crowds. A few suggestions include:
- Beuscher State Park is one of our favorites with stunning water views and an atmosphere that feels relatively old-timey, if you are looking for peace, you'll find it here!
- Or for something truly impressive, you can make the visit to Longhorn Caverns State Park and take in the massive natural caves and rock structures.