12 Staggering Photos Of An Abandoned Mansion Hiding In Florida
Since Florida has such a rich and fascinating history, it’s only natural that some of the places that have withstood the test of time begin to look a bit grim. Especially if those places are neglected like Howey in the Hills. While they quickly become the perfect place for photographers to capture history in decay, there is still a history worth understanding. This particular mansion in Florida was abandoned for a long period of time, and the staggering Howey Mansion photos showing the isolation are worth taking a look at. Let’s explore this abandoned mansion in Florida.
Let’s take a visual tour of Howey in the Hills:
The address for Howey in the Hills in Florida is 1001 Citrus Ave, Howey-In-The-Hills, FL 34737. Did you enjoy these Howey Mansion photos? If you’ve been here, let us know what it was like in the comments. Let’s explore several more abandoned places in Florida.
More to Explore
The Creepiest Places in Florida
What are the most abandoned places in Florida?
The most abandoned places in Florida include:
- RIversine Motel in Yulee. This decrepit old motel is now becoming thoroughly overgrown with foliage.
- Shonda’s Souvenir Shop in Lake Wales. Much like malls, these kitschy roadside shops that sold things related to oranges and alligators are now left empty.
- Xanadu - Home of the Future in Kissimmee. The buildings for this roadside attraction are gone now and all that is left is the sign.
- Live Alligators in South Bay. Another Florida roadside attraction that is decaying and relegated to history.
Find out more about the most abandoned places in Florida.
What are the creepiest places in Florida?
The creepiest places in Florida include:
- Public School Number Four. Known locally as The Devil’s School, this is considered one of the most haunted places in Florida.
- St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum. Located in the oldest city in the nation, this lighthouse is said to be haunted by two children who drowned nearby.
- The Devil’s Chair. There is an urban legend stating that if you sit in this brick seat in a cemetery at midnight, you’ll be visited by the Devil.
- Ashley’s Restaurant and Bar. Located in Rockledge, this place reportedly houses the ghost of a woman who was murdered here.
Discover more about the creepiest places in Florida.
What are the most haunted places in Florida?
The most haunted places in Florida include:
- Veterans Memorial Bridge in Daytona Beach. Locals report that a well-dressed lady hitchhikes here only to vanish shortly after getting in.
- NASA Launch Complex 34 in Cape Canaveral. This was intended to be an often-used landing pad but three astronauts died here and visitors report paranormal activity here.
- New River Inn in Fort Lauderdale. Guests report seeing the ghost of a man pacing through the hallways here.
- Loews Don CeSar Hotel in St. Petersburg. This hotel is said to be haunted by the original owner and his wife.
Learn more about the most haunted places in Florida.