This Massive West Virginia Flea Market Is Also Home To A Historic Natural Spring
Back in a corner of Summers County, there is a deal-seekers destination tucked away in the beautiful Allegheny Highlands. For 16 years, Pence Springs Flea Market in Pence Springs has been a gathering place for thrifters and vendors every summer Sunday. There’s almost no kind of goods you won’t find here, from pottery to produce, tools to toys, antiques to animals, clothes to carvings. In addition to bargain prices, you’ll find a relaxed, family-friendly, and pet-friendly atmosphere, with handicapped-accessible premises. Welcome to one of the best flea markets in West Virginia.
Whatever you’re looking for, you can be sure you’ll find it at a good price at the Pence Springs Flea Market. Or if you can’t find it, you’ll come away with some other kind of treasure you didn’t know you needed! As a bonus, while you’ll probably have a long drive on back roads to get to this market that’s tucked between Hinton and Alderson, you’ll get to enjoy some of the state’s most beautiful mountain countryside on the way.
More to Explore
The Best Shops and Markets In West Virginia
What are the best locally-owned businesses in West Virginia?
The best locally-owned businesses in West Virginia include:
- The Bridge Cafe and Bistro in Hurricane. This farm-to-table restaurant has won awards for its food and is a local gem.
- Bob’s Lunch in Moundsville. This is a local favorite that’s been around since 1947 and is beloved for its huge portions of home cooking and friendly service.
- T&S Market in Springfield. This is a market with a pizza shop that is involved in helping out the local community.
- Midway Drive-In in Huntington. This is a local icon where people have come for decades to get some of the best burgers and hot dogs in the state.
Learn more about the best locally-owned businesses in West Virginia.
What are the best antique shops in West Virginia?
The best antique shops in West Virginia include:
- Stray Dog Antiques in Charleston. This antique shop has three floors of lovely antique jewelry, furniture, and knick-knacks.
- Somewhere in Time Antiques in Nitro. This beautiful shop with an old-fashioned feel has all kinds of wonderful and charming antiques.
- Granny’s Attic in Buckhannon. As one of the most intriguing antique shops in West Virginia, this place sells locally handcrafted crafts, gifts, and furniture.
- Bunker Hill Antique Associates in Bunker Hill. There are 35,000 square feet of antique and vintage goods here.
Discover more about the best antique shops in West Virginia.
What are the best thrift stores in West Virginia?
The best thrift stores in West Virginia include:
- Encore in Gassaway. This cute shop has tons of nostalgic toys, vintage clothes, and various household items, and income benefits the local community.
- Love Once Again Thrift Store in Martinsburg. This quaint shop uses its income to support the American Diabetes Association and The Berkeley County Humane Society.
- Mountain Mission in Charleston. With two locations, these stores have fantastic items and they assist local families with emergency aid.
- Animal Friends Thrift Shoppe in Morgantown. The proceeds from the lovely used items here assist a local no-kill animal sanctuary.
Find out more about the best thrift stores in West Virginia.