Kanab Might Just Be The Best Winter Destination In Utah
One of our favorite things about living in Utah is its diverse landscape and climate. During winter months, it’s cold and gray in northern Utah, but it’s warm and sunny in the south. The winter is the perfect time to explore Utah’s Big 5 National Parks and the quaint towns that offer tons of great recreation opportunities. It’s tough to choose a favorite Southern Utah town, but Kanab definitely deserves a spot high on the list! Here are just a few reasons why spending your winter in Kanab, Utah is the perfect getaway.
Are you ready to head down south to visit Kanab? Have you spent the winter in Kanab, Utah before? Let us know in the comments below. If you are searching for one more unique place to spend the night in Kanab, check out Kanab Suites, a little-known boutique hotel that is charming in every way.
Winter in Kanab, Utah
What is winter in Kanab, Utah like?
Kanab is a wonderful place to visit during the winter months. While it can certainly get chilly in this southern Utah town, the temperatures rarely fall below 0 degrees Fahrenheit and the weather is typically quite mild, especially when compared to the weather in the northern part of the state.
What are some of the best winter activities in Utah?
While the summer months are delightful in Utah, nothing compares to the winter and there is a reason that people travel all across the country to visit the Beehive State during the colder months of the year. When searching for things to do in Utah during the winter, consider the following:
- Put on your snowshoes or lace up your hiking boots and go on a winter hike.
- Visit a national park. One of our favorite parks to visit during the winter is Bryce Canyon National Park.
- Explore a small town in Utah that you have never visited before.
- Enjoy a day of skiing or snowboarding at one of the best ski resorts in Utah.
- Head to a cozy and charming outdoor ice skating rink. There are several in the state but we highly recommend Midway Ice Rink and the Gallivan Center.