It's Not Christmas In Utah Until You Do These 14 Enchanting Things
Everyone has Christmas traditions – those activities that you just have to do every year, or it doesn’t feel like Christmas in Utah. Some of those traditions are uniquely Utah. Check out these enchanting things that Utahns do every year and see how many your family has on its list. How many of the best Christmas activities in Utah have you done? Which ones will you do this year? Let us know!
Which ways to celebrate Christmas in Utah did we miss on this list? Tell us in the comments!
If you’re looking for a fun Christmas activity, visit some of these light displays in Utah around the Beehive State. And for more fun take a look at Airbnb Experiences for some exciting holiday adventures.
More to Explore
Christmas Activities In Utah
What are some super fun Christmas activities in UT?
Winter in Utah is a pleasant time of year, even if it’s a bit chilly. There are lots of fun things to do in Utah in wintertime, but when Christmas time comes around, it gets even better somehow:
- Head to Draper Park and visit the stunning Tree of Life, a beautiful old willow tree lit up in thousands of twinkling lights.
- Go to Lehi and check out the Traverse Outlets for some of the best Christmas shopping in the state, and while you’re there, you might want to time it so you can catch the annual tree lighting ceremony.
- While in Lehi, be sure to also check out the Luminaria at Ashton Gardens, another must-do Utah Christmas tradition you’ll love adding to your family’s list too.
What is Christmas in UT like?
Christmas in Utah is a delight. Despite the chill in the air, there’s still a certain kind of cheer and brilliance just about everywhere you go:
- Head to some of the amazing Christmas towns in Utah and enjoy the holidays that way.
- Be sure to attend some of the amazing holiday events in UT while you’re there.
- Embark upon a fun, unique winter hike in Utah, and take in the beauty of the snow-covered landscape.
Christmas in UT is a very unique time – get outside and be sure to enjoy it (just be safe and bundle up, of course).
What are some fun, traditional holiday events in UT to attend?
Every single town in Utah has a plethora of wonderful holiday events to attend, many of which are almost too much fun:
- Attend the annual Festival of Trees in Sandy while sipping hot cocoa and admiring the lights.
- Of course, it wouldn’t be Christmas unless you attended the famous German Christmas Market that only stops once a year known as Christkindlmarkt SLC.
- Take a fun Christmas train ride in Utah on the North Pole Express.
- Head to Salt Lake City and get photos with Santa, and then spend a few hours ice skating.