Montana August 12, 2016
These 12 Restaurants Serve The Best Huckleberry Dishes In Montana
If Montana had an official state food, it would definitely be huckleberries. Our freshly grown, sweet huckleberries are nationally known and locally loved. And no matter what part of Montana you’re in, you’ll probably find some kind of huckleberry delicacy on the menu.
These 12 places are a few of your many options for huckleberry dishes in Montana, and they’re well known as being some of the best.
1. Huckleberry Pie at Two Sisters Café, near Babb
This is a local favorite for delicious homemade huckleberry pie, which is best enjoyed a la mode.
2. Huckleberry Flapjacks at the Libby Cafe, Libby
These perfect pancakes are totally addictive in the best way.
3. Huckleberry Fudge, The Huckleberry Patch, Hungry Horse
Hungry Horse is the wild berry capital of the west, and everything edible at the Huckleberry Patch is absolutely delicious. The pie and candies are amazing, but for a special treat, have some wild huckleberry fudge.
4. A Huckleberry Shake from Frosty’s, St. Regis
A huckleberry milkshake from Frosty's on a hot summer day will have you counting your blessings that you live in Montana.
5. Huckleberry pie at Luna’s Restaurant, East Glacier
Stop at Luna’s for a slice of their famous huckleberry pie on your way to Glacier. Then stop by for another one of your way home.
6. The Huckleberry Waffle at Bernie’s Diner, Billings
Bernie's Diner is the more casual dining option at the Northern Hotel in Billings. They serve an array of tempting breakfast items, including a huckleberry waffle.
7. Huckleberry BBQ Sauce at Montana City Grill & Saloon, Montana City
At Montana City Grill you can order your chicken dinner or pork ribs smothered in delicious huckleberry BBQ sauce.
8. Huckleberry Pie at Loula’s Cafe, Whitefish
Can you ever have too much huckleberry pie? Of course not, especially if it's from Loula's.
9. Huckleberry Walnut Salad at Montana Club, Missoula
Not all huckleberry foods have to be unhealthy. Montana Club's Huckleberry Walnut Salad has spring greens, walnuts, dried cranberries, sliced green apples, bleu cheese crumbles, sliced avocado, and of course, Montana huckleberries
10. Huckleberry pastries at Rise and Shine Cafe & Bakery, Bozeman
In a city full of outstanding breakfast options, the Rise and Shine Cafe really stands out. They often have huckleberry scones and other tempting pastries on their morning menu.
11. Huckleberry Ice Cream at Big Dipper Ice Cream
If you're lucky enough to live near a Big Dipper location, you probably already know how addicting their ice cream can be... especially anything with huckleberries in it.
12. Huckleberry Bearclaws at Polebridge Mercantile & Bakery
Huckleberry bear claws. Need we say more?
What are your favorite huckleberry dishes in Montana? Did this list cause a craving for all things sweet? Check out this list of
10 mouthwatering ice cream shops in Montana.