The Small-Town Day Trip In Kentucky Where You Can Explore The Birthplace Of A Country Music Legend
Loretta Lynn is a country music legend — and did you know she hails from the Bluegrass State? Born and raised in Butcher Holler, Kentucky, the house where Lynn spent her childhood is open for guests to tour and explore, and it’s definitely a day trip that belongs on both a “things to do in Butcher Holler, Kentucky,” as well as an overall Bluegrass State bucket list.
Have you ever been to Butcher Holler (or Hollow), Kentucky, before? If so, which part was your favorite? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
For another unique day trip in Kentucky, check out this epic chocolate museum.
If you’re still in the mood for more Kentucky adventures, take a look at this video about some of the best places to visit in the state:
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Learn More About Kentucky
Who are some famous people from Kentucky?
- Perhaps the most famous person from Kentucky was boxer, activist, and humanitarian Muhammad Ali.
- Olympic athlete Tyson Gay is from the Bluegrass State and known as one of the fastest athletes of all time.
- Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of the United States, was born here and you can learn more about him at the Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Park
Learn more about the many famous people from Kentucky.
Where can we find the best flea markets in Kentucky?
- The Derby Park Flea Market in Louisville features 600 indoor and 100 outdoor vendor spaces.
- The Southern Kentucky Flea Market in Guthrie features 150 indoor booths.
- Luke's Town and Country Flea Market in Greenville features over 400 vendors spread out over 13 acres of space.
Learn more about the many popular flea markets in Kentucky.
Where can we find lakes in Kentucky?
- Dale Hollow Lake near Burkeville features great hiking trails, boating, fishing, and more.
- Cave Run Lake south of Morehead is surrounded by mountains and is one of the most scenic lakes in Kentucky.
- The FRP-LaGrange Quarry in LaGrange is not technically a lake but is a popular swimming hole an for adults only in the summertime.
Learn more about the many beautiful lakes in Kentucky.