Wisconsin October 02, 2015
What These 20 Wisconsin Photographers Captured Will Blow You Away
The best part of the community we are building at Only in Your State might be the Facebook page, where everyone has the opportunity to share photos they have taken of our great state. So many come in every day, it can be hard to keep up. But you really should, because these photos are absolutely amazing. Some of them just blow us away. So we rounded up 20 of our favorites. See if your photo made it.
1. What a classic, Wisconsin morning shot that Tabatha caught in Sauk County.
Love the hint of fog and the purple sky!
2. Love this shot of a ship on a lake that Terry took.
Seriously, the water looks like a sheet of glass. So cool!
3. Abby, who took this photo off of a bluff in Port Washington, said it reminded her of heaven.
4. A lot of you were really loving this photo that Adam took of the Wisconsin River in Stevens Point.
Who wouldn't want to catch a sunset out here?
5. This shot of the Southport Marina in Kenosha really captures the beauty of boat life in Wisconsin.
Thanks, Michelle, for capturing this, and also mega props for #nofilter!
6. Ashley took this shot out on the water in Merrick State Park.
There's still plenty of time to get out on the water!
7. Jeff Lind took this beautiful shot of Redstone Falls in La Valle.
This water almost looks like steam!
8. Don't tell Heather that Wisconsin doesn't have beaches.
This beach, at sunset, is in Port Washington.
9. We all know the Apostle Islands are gorgeous, as Kristen has captured.
This is a shot of the Devil's Island Lighthouse.
10. Who doesn't appreciate the simplicity of a Wisconsin country road?
Brenda took this shot in Rock County.
11. Jonathan reminded us that Wisconsin really is the best place to gaze up at the stars.
This is a shot at Rabbit Rock.
12. Check out this shot of a Wisconsin morning near Ojibwa.
Angie took this shot at Tuscobia State Trail.
13. Matthew took this great shot of his parents' farm in Sparta, Wisconsin.
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
14. This black and white shot of the lighthouse in Kenosha is simple but very awesome.
Love the line from the pier and the light emanating from the lighthouse.
15. Such a peaceful field that Jeff Noak captured.
It is located in Waukesha.
16. Okay, can you name anywhere in the country where fall is more beautiful than right here in Wisconsin?
Michael took this shot of Lake Mary in Marinette County.
17. Daniel took this water shot in Merrill, Wisconsin.
Who could ever get sick of looking at the Wisconsin River?
18. Dan caught this really cool shot of lighting in South Milwaukee.
Rain stinks, but the gorgeous sky is a bonus.
19. Is that a lake or a mirror?
David took this shot in Wautoma.
20. Lisa took this photograph of a gorgeous orange sky.
This is a shot in Hammond, Wisconsin.
Everyone, thank you so much for submitting photos. They make everyone on this page smile and appreciate living in this great state.
Would you like to see your own photography featured in a future post? Post them on the
Only in Wisconsin Facebook page or email them to [email protected]