Wisconsin Summer May 19, 2015
by Laura These 15 Festivals In Wisconsin Are a Must See This Summer
Man, I love this time of year. I’m finally convinced I won’t have to shovel again. I’ve got the grill all ready. It must mean that summer is around the corner. And with summer comes a bevy of great festivals and fairs to go to. I’m so excited! Here are some of the ones I will not miss this year (and neither should you!)
1. Milwaukee A la Carte. Milwaukee. August 20-23, 2015
Feast among the beasts.
2. Burger Fest and Balloon Rally. Seymour. August 7-August 9, 2015
Ever dreamed of being in a hamburger eating contest? The birthplace of the hamburger is your ideal chance.
3. German Fest. Milwaukee. July 24-26, 2015
All the meat and beer you can tolerate. Plus the annual dachshund derby. Really, you can't miss this!
4. Greek Fest. West Allis. June 19-21, 2015
There's music and rides, but let's be honest; we're here for that great Greek food. And it will be there in abundance. Gyros, anyone??!!
5. Cedarburg Strawberry Festival. Cedarburg. June 27, 2015 - June 28, 2015
Join the fest that 100,000 come to annually. Yes, you'll eat your fill of fresh strawberries but you can also view some great art, which has become a large part of the festival.
6. Bristol Renaissance Faire. Kenosha. Saturdays, Sundays & Labor Day. Jul. 11 thru Sep. 7, 2015
Step back in time to the Renaissance. Eat giant turkey legs and throw tomatoes at hecklers. In other words, have an awesome time.
7. Milwauke Brewfest. Milwaukee. July 25, 2015
Sample the best craft beers in the USA.
8. World's Largest Brat Fest. Madison. May 22-25
Come out and savor brats made anyway you can imagine!
9. Sparta Butterfest. Sparta. June 11-14
Do you also hear the siren call of butter?
10. Country USA. Oshkosh. June 23-27
Experience some of the biggest country music stars all under one roof.
11. Ho-Chunk Nation Pow-Wow. Black River Falls. May 23-25
If you have never been to a pow-wow, you need to go. American Indian Heritage is a huge part of Wisconsin. And if you've never had an Indian Taco (pictured here), you haven't lived.
12. Chocolate Fest. Burlington. May 22-25
Join 35,000 fellow chocolate lovers to pay homage to this wonderful food.
13. Wisconsin State Fair. West Allis. August 6-16
This is the place for great food, amusement, and fun exhibits. I'm still getting my cream puff first thing though!!!
14. Summerfest. Milwaukee. June 24 - 28 / June 30 - July 5, 2015
It's the largest music festival in the world, what more can I say?
15. Venetian Festival. Lake Geneva. August 19, 2015 - August 23, 2015
Come see a water ski show and lighted boat parade.
I’m counting down the days ’till I get my cream puff. What are you excited about doing this festival season? Tell us in the comment section below!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.