Angel Oak Was Named The Most Beautiful Place In South Carolina And We Have To Agree
According to Condé Nast Traveler, the most beautiful place in South Carolina is found on Johns Island. If you haven’t made it a point to visit the famous Angel Oak tree at Angel Oak Park, then perhaps you should. It’s among the most incredible natural attractions in South Carolina.
What do you think is the most beautiful place in South Carolina? Have you ever taken a road trip to the ultimate natural wonders in South Carolina? Let us know your favorite places in the comments.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
The Best Natural Attractions in South Carolina
What are the most beautiful places in South Carolina?
The most beautiful places in South Carolina include
- Yellow Branch Falls. These gorgeous waterfalls between Walhalla and Mountain Rest are a must-see when you’re in South Carolina.
- Botany Bay. With one of the most pristine beaches in South Carolina, this is a lovely bay worth spending the day at.
- Lake Jocassee. Located in Devil’s Fork State Park in Salem, this is a man-made natural wonder and its beauty has been praised by National Geographic.
- Bald Rock Heritage Preserve. Located just off the Geer Highway, this is a stunning overlook of vast forests.
Find out more about these and more of the most beautiful places in South Carolina.
What are some hidden gem natural attractions in South Carolina?
Hidden gem natural attractions in South Carolina include:
- Wildcat Branch Falls. These can be found just off the Cherokee Foothills Scenic Byway and are a beautiful sight to see.
- Edisto River. This is one of the longest black water rivers in the nation and wends its way back and forth throughout South Carolina.
- Lake Marion. This reservoir spans 172 square miles and is quite a beautiful lake in South Carolina.
- The Carolina Sandhills. These sand dunes are left over from an ancient ocean that used to be in this area.
Discover more about these and several other hidden gem natural attractions in South Carolina.
What are the best natural wonders in South Carolina?
The best natural wonders in South Carolina include:
- The ACE Basin. Made up of the Ashepoo, Combahee, and Edisto rivers, this basin spans over 350,000 acres and is teeming with wildlife.
- Congaree National Park. This park contains a vast expanse of bottomland hardwood trees that are some of the tallest in the South.
- Raven Cliff Falls. These are South Carolina’s tallest waterfalls ranging from 350 to 400 feet tall and are worth the hike.
- 40 Acre Rock. This is a giant granite rock that isn’t 40 acres, but a still very impressive 14 acres in size.
Learn more about these and a few more of the best natural wonders in South Carolina.