Montana May 27, 2017
11 Restaurants In Montana With Fries So Good They Should Be The Main Course
You can tell a lot about a restaurant by how well they prepare their fries. If they take America’s best side dish seriously, the odds are good that the rest of their menu will be tasty as well. However, once you’ve tried the fries at these Montana restaurants, you may want to skip the main course entirely.
1. Greek Gyros & Pastry Shop, 520 S 5th St W., Missoula
Make no mistake about it: The gyros here are absolutely delicious. However, the fries could definitely be enjoyed as the main course, especially if you get the Special Fries, which come topped with tzatziki, feta, and the perfect amount of seasoning.
2. Matt's Place, 2339 Placer St., Butte
Everyone knows the burgers at Matt's Place are outstanding. But always save room for the fries - trust us.
3. Black Iron Grill, 2901 Boutelle St., Miles City
The burgers & fries at the Black Iron Grill are definitely wonderful. But for a real treat, get the special truffle fries with a steak.
4. High Country Grill, 211 East Main, Bozeman
Located inside the notorious Rocking R Bar, the fresh cut fries here are the real show-stoppers.
5. King's Hat Drive-In, 105 S 37th St., Billings
While the burgers here are legendary, you could easily get full from the fries alone - a large order gives you a full pound of fried spuds.
6. Penny's Diner, 2004 N. Merrill Ave., Glendive
This 24 hour diner serves all the classic comfort food you can think of, including piping hot fries fresh from the fryer.
7. Lisa’s Pasty Pantry, 2004 W Sussex Ave., Missoula
It would almost be a crime to fill up on fries and miss out on the pasties here, but with these hand-cut beauties on your plate, it would be easy to do.
8. Bert & Ernie's Tavern & Grill, 300 1st Ave S., Great Falls
The fries at Bert & Ernie's are crisp, thick and flavorful, but it's the sweet potato fries that really steal the show.
9. Loula's Cafe, 300 2nd St E., Whitefish
The waffle fries at Loula's Cafe are incredibly addictive, especially when they're served alongside a perfect French dip sandwich.
10. The Stockman Bar, 118 N Main St., Livingston
This picture is worth 1,000 words. If these aren't the best fries you've ever had, they'll certainly be close.
11. The Burger Dive, 114 N 27th St., Billings
Not only are the burgers at the Burger Dive delicious, but their garlic fries are exceptional.
There’s nothing quite like a plate full of hot fries… especially when they’re served with one of
Montana’s best burgers.