Spend The Night At Florida’s Most Haunted Campground For A Truly Terrifying Experience
There are many haunted places in Florida…but have you ever camped overnight in one? The campground at Fort DeSoto Park just might provide more than an enjoyable weekend out in the wilderness…it’s said that you can enjoy overnight haunted camping there!
I’m not sure I believe in hauntings…but I’m just about convinced that I might get more than I bargained for if I stayed here overnight! How about you? Have you experienced any paranormal activity at this campground?
Ready to experience more haunted Florida? Take this road trip!
More to Explore
Are there any haunted hotels in Florida to spend the night in?
If you aren't so keen on sleeping through the night at your accommodations, perhaps you should book a stay at one of these haunted hotels in Florida:
- Loews Don Cesar may look like a cheerful pink castle on the outside, but it is rumored to be haunted by the spirit of its original owner. Some even say they've seen him strolling on the beach at night.
- Seven Sisters Inn is a charming little spot, that, according to the owners, only houses ghosts of the friendly variety. Their sounds are meant to welcome you to the inn!
- The Historic Penninsula Inn and Spa has served many purposes over the years. It has been a military hospital, boarding house, and hotel, so it's safe to say there is a spirit or two lurking about.
What are some of the most haunted places in Florida?
Lovers of the supernatural will enjoy spending some time in the sunshine state. Take a look at these oh-so-creepy haunted places in Florida:
- The May-Stringer House is a Victorian home that saw a lot of death in the years before it became a museum. In fact, many of its dead residents are buried on the property, which only increases the rumors of hauntings.
- The Florida Theater is nearing 100 years old now and in its time all sorts of paranormal allegations have been levied against the space. They have even hosted haunted tours here on occasion so you can learn more about the supernatural history.
- Castillo de San Marcos is a haunted military fortress from the 1600s. It's the oldest military fort in the continental US so of course there are some haunted happenings to be expected.
Are there any abandoned places in Florida that I can explore?
You'll want to check if spots are on private property and safe to enter before you go adventuring, but even from the road, these abandoned places in Florida are a fascinating sight.
- Mimi Marine Stadium is a stadium that was designed for aquatic events back in 1963. Now it is being reclaimed by nature (and graffiti artists.)
- The Howey Mansion is an utterly gorgeous structure that somehow has only grown more beautiful in its abandonment. There are also rumors of some paranormal history that make it even more intriguing.
- Stiltsville on Biscayne Bay is such a strange little sight. It's a community of homes built on stilts right into the water. Most of the buildings have fallen subject to man-made or natural disasters, but a few remain in varying states of disrepair and are quite interesting to look upon.