Wisconsin March 31, 2016
This Unbelievable Wisconsin Logging Village Will Take You Back In Time
Do you ever wonder what it was like to be a lumberjack in Wisconsin during the 1800s? Well, you need to head to Laona, Wisconsin and check out this super cool interactive museum. The best part? It’s only accessibly via locomotive.
1. Your day begins by hopping on this beautiful lumberjack steam train.
2. You will need to buy your tickets first, of course, inside of an authentic train depot.
3. You will see how such towns were set up, complete with men on horseback.
4. People will be dressed in historical clothing, giving you a true sense of what it was like to be an average person back then.
5. You can also see demonstrations of how people cooked back then.
6. Don't forget to visit the Cracker Barrel Gift Shop, which was opened in 1905.
7. You can see how blacksmiths worked, and you can even get your own mini horseshoe as a souvenir!
8. There is a place to explore various artifacts, pelts, and furs from this time period.
9. You can also see some of the "transportation" that was available back in the day.
10. Kids will definitely love the experience, but you will learn a lot, too!
Have you visited? Didn’t you just love it?