One Of The Most Haunted Cemeteries In West Virginia Is Also The Most Beautiful
Cemeteries generally get kind of a bad rap. Understandably, of course, thanks to their inextricable link with death and loss and grief. Still, there can be beauty to be found in graveyards, just as there can be beauty found even in death. One of the prettiest cemeteries in West Virginia, which also happens to be the state’s largest and reportedly most haunted, is Spring Hill Cemetery in Charleston, WV. Let’s take a closer look at what makes this landmark so beautiful — and so chilling.
You can also learn more about Spring Hill Cemetery online. Have you visited this beautiful, haunted cemetery in Charleston, West Virginia? If pretty, spooky cemeteries interest you, make sure to take the time to learn more about some of West Virginia’s other haunted graveyards.
Are you planning a trip to Charleston? If so, check out these unique places to stay near Charleston, West Virginia.
If you’re curious to get to know Charleston just a little bit better, check out this breathtaking drone footage:
More to Explore
haunted places in West Virginia
What are some of the most haunted places in West Virginia?
West Virginia is famous for its beautiful mountains, gorgeous rivers, and charming small towns. Yet, it's also famous for being home to more than just a few haunted locales. Below you'll find a list of some of the most haunted places in West Virginia:
- Entler Hotel - Shepherdstown
- Harpers Ferry - Jefferson County
- West Virginia State Penitentiary - Moundsville
- Riverview Cemetery - Parkersburg
- Lowe Hotel - Point Pleasant
- Camden Park - Huntington
- Lake Shawnee Amusement Park - Rock
- Flatwoods - home of the famous Braxton County Monster
- Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum - Weston
- The Tunnel Green in Wheeling
- The Blennerhasset Hotel in Parkersburg
- The Dingess Tunnel
- The General Lewis Inn in Lewisburg
- West Virginia University in Morgantown
- St. John's Episcopal Church
- Virginius Island
- Old Sweet Springs Resort
Are you curious to learn about the places mentioned above? We've actually put together a road trip itinerary that will take you to these incredibly haunted places in West Virginia -- if you dare to explore them!
Does West Virginia have any haunted hotels?
Yes, indeed! If you are tempted to spot a ghost in the Mountain State, look no further than the following list of haunted hotels in West Virginia:
- The Wells Inn (Sistersville)
- The Lowe Hotel (Point Pleasant)
- The Blennerhassett Hotel (Parkersburg)
- The Hotel Morgan (Morgantown)
- The General Lewis Inn (Lewisburg)
- Hilltop House Hotel (Harpers Ferry)
Curious to learn more? We've compiled an article outlining the most haunted places to stay in West Virginia, and you can learn more about these notoriously haunted hotels.