West Virginia March 23, 2015
20 Magnificent State Parks in West Virginia That Will Leave You In Awe
One of the best things that anyone can ever do is take in nature’s beauty! Thankfully, West Virginia has plenty of that to go around. All of these state parks are located in our mountain state, and they are just jaw-dropping!
1) Audra State Park, located in Buckhannan, WV.
2) Pictured here is the Glade Creek Mill at Babcock State Park, located in Clifftop, WV.
3) Beartown State Park, located in Hillsboro, WV.
4) Beech Fork State Park, located in Barboursville, WV.
That sunset is to die for!
5) Blackwater Falls State Park, located in Davis, WV.
6) Bluestone State Park, located in Hinton, WV.
7) Cacapom Resort and State Park, located in Berkley Springs, WV.
To me, nothing is more peaceful than a waterfall.
8) The lookout at Droop Mountain Battlefield State Park, located in Hillsboro, WV.
9) This cabin was built in the 1800s. It is located in Chief Logan State Park in Logan, WV.
10) Carnifex Ferry Battlefield State Park, located in Summersville, WV.
11) One of West Virginia's most famous picture-perfect locations, Hawk's Nest State Park, located in Ansted,WV.
12) Moncove Lake State Park, located in Gap Mills, WV.
Wow! This picture is stunning!
13) Pinnacle Rock State Park, located in Bramwell, WV.
Look at that fall foliage!
14) The lookout at Pipestem Resort and State Park, located in Pipestem, WV.
15) Seneca State Forest, located in Dunmore, WV.
This takes the cake for being one of the most jaw-dropping photos that I have ever seen.
16) Stonewall Jackson Lake State Park, located in Roanoke, WV.
The fog coming off of Stonewall Jackson lake is so magnificent.
17) Tomlinson Run State Park, located in New Manchester, WV.
Doesn't this picture make you just want to do a cartwheel through this lush field?
18) Tu-endie-Wei State Park, located in Point Pleasant, WV.
This monument is in place to remember the men that fought and died at the Battle of Point Pleasant.
19) Valley Falls State Park, located in Fairmont, WV.
This photo is incredible!
20) Watoga State Park, located in Marlinton, WV.
This state park is a favorite of my family. We have vacationed here and camped out for a few days one summer. I never could get the scenery out of my head. No vacation could ever surpass how amazing this one was.
Nothing brings me more serenity than visiting naturally occurring beauty, especially in my own home state. These 20 state parks have everything that one can imagine, from natural formations to beautiful overlooks to amazing waterfalls!
What is your favorite West Virginia State Park? Comment below!