This Breathtaking Destination In Virginia Looks Like It Was Ripped From The Pages Of Harry Potter
Seeing as how the United States was developed long after the days when castles were the architecture of choice, we don’t have too many of them. At least, not in comparison to our European friends. But there’s one incredible castle in Virginia that you’d swear was ripped right from the pages of Harry Potter. The Virginia House is one of the most stunning buildings you’ll ever come across, and the history behind it may surprise you! Locally, we call it the “Harry Potter House in Richmond VA,” and it definitely makes a statement. Come along as we show you how!
Learn more about the Virginia House at the Virginia Museum of History and Culture website. And don’t forget to visit the Virginia Museum of History and Culture Facebook page, as well. At both places you can stay up to date on upcoming events at the Virginia House, including the next open house.
Have you ever been to this Harry Potter House? If so, what was your favorite part? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
While you’re in Richmond, be sure to get yourself a sweet treat at this sinfully delicious bakery in Virginia. It may not serve butterbeer, but it does have all sorts of yummy desserts!
For those who love hiking, you can find some great trails in and around the area by going to the AllTrails website.
Still in the mood for more Virginia adventures? Then perhaps you’d love to explore Shenandoah National Park!
More to Explore
More Things To Do In Virginia
Where can we find museums in Virginia?
- The Virginia Living Museum in Newport News features world-class animal and plant exhibits, a planetarium, and other features.
- The Fauquier History Museum at the Old Jail in Warrenton delves into the history of jails in America from pre-colonial times through the 20th century.
- The Car and Carriage Caravan Museum in Luray features over 140 antique transportation-related items.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other wonderful museums in Virginia.
Where can we find state parks in Virginia?
- Douthat State Park in Millboro is a popular spot for fishing, hiking, and camping.
- Chippokes Plantation State Park in Surry is located along the banks of the beautiful James River.
- Caledon State Park in King George is known for its American bald eagle population.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other beautiful state parks in Virginia.
Where can we find scenic drives in Virginia?
- The Colonial Parkway is a 23-mile route that connects historic Yorktown and Jamestown.
- The Blue Ridge Parkway has been rated as one of the best road trips you can take in America.
- The 129-Mile of U.S. Route 13 (which actually stretches over 500 miles from North Carolina through Pennsylvania) that stretches from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel to North Carolina border is among the prettiest in the state,
Read on to learn more about some of the many other dramatic scenic drives in Virginia.