This Natural Swimming Hole In Tennessee Will Make You Feel Like A Kid On Summer Vacation
Summer vacation is a time for fun and exploration. Do you remember when you were a kid? Everyone was on break from school, and the amount of time to just be free seemed endless. There were unforgettable long, hot days when time with friends to explore in the woods was the most important thing on the agenda. And then there were the adventures that came with finding new places to amaze us. I certainly believe that those times don’t have to fade away as we grow older and that they can be found in everyday life. When you adventure, you awaken the child within you that’s exhilarated by the wonder found in our world. And, one great place to capture your sense of awe is Blue Hole Falls, a fun swimming hole in East Tennessee.
The Blue Hole in Tennessee is located within the Cherokee National Forest. It’s open for exploration year-round, but keep in mind that the trail to reach it might be a bit more challenging when it’s wet or snowy. Feel free to bring your furry friends, but be sure to keep them on a leash. As with all outdoor adventures, always tell someone where you’re going and when you anticipate being back. And, of course, be sure you have the right gear to ensure your trip is both fun and safe. For more information on the trail to reach the swimming hole check out the Blue Hole Falls page on AllTrails.
Looking for more ways to cool down in our corner of the South? Luckily there are plenty of great swimming holes throughout the state!
More to Explore
Blue Hole Falls
Which state parks should I visit in Tennessee?
You should visit as many state parks in Tennessee as you possibly can. They can be found in all corners of the state and some of the best include:
- Fall Creek Falls State Park, Spencer: The largest state park in Tennessee, this beauty has more than 29,000 acres to explore. It's great for those who want to make their outdoor adventure a multi-day trip. Don't miss the incredible waterfall from which the park gets its name.
- Harrison Bay State Park, Harrison: Located on the banks of Chickamauga Lake in Southern Tennessee, this park was the first in the state.
- Savage Gulf State Park, Grundy and Sequatchie counties: One of the most recent additions to the state park system in Tennessee, this beautiful destination offers incredible views and lots of scenic overlooks. Visit for fun hikes, including some leading to great waterfalls.
Are there any good swimming holes in Tennessee?
There are quite a few good swimming holes in Tennessee. A few to check out first are:
- Cane Creek Cascades: Swimming here includes a beautiful 45-foot waterfall. The swimming hole is accessible via a fun bridge, making this a great option for kids.
- Cummins Falls, Cummins Falls State Park, near Cookville, Jackson County: This beauty might be best known for the 75-foot waterfall that rushes over a cliffside to the Blackburn Fork State Scenic River below.
- Blue Hole, Savage Gulf State Park: With clear, blue water and a short hike to reach it, this is a great option for those who want to cool down in the summer.