11 Small Towns In Rural South Carolina That Are Downright Delightful
Many times, the big towns and cities in South Carolina get billed as having all the attractions and fun things to see and do. But we know that’s not the case, right? The small towns in the Palmetto State have some fun and interesting things, too. Take a look at the following list, which includes the 11 best places to live in rural South Carolina. They sure are delightful!
Rural South Carolina is definitely where it’s at, according to some people. These 11 rural towns most certainly offer a chance to get away from it all.
Bonus: Want one more fabulous small town to visit? You’ll Never Run Out Of Things To Do In This Tiny Town In South Carolina.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
best places to live in rural south carolina
What are three of the most charming towns in rural South Carolina?
There are many towns in rural South Carolina that are filled with lots of charm. Listed below are three of the most charming towns in rural South Carolina that are perfect for calling home.
1. Due West
Due West in Abbeville County, South Carolina is a great place to live because it offers an affordable cost of living. The housing costs alone are much cheaper than in many other areas of the state.
2. Honea Path
Honea Path, which is located in both Anderson County and Abbeville County, South Carolina is one of the state's best-kept secrets. The community is filled with many kind and generous people, and it's such a quiet and peaceful place to call home. In fact, it's easily the kind of place you'd want to raise a family.
Hilda, founded in 1910, is a tiny town that's located in Barnwell County, South Carolina. It's only a few miles from a cozy downtown area and grocery stores.
What are some of the best things about living in South Carolina, specifically the rural areas?
There's something truly special about living in South Carolina, especially in the rural areas. Listed below are five reasons why living in rural South Carolina can't be beat.
1. In rural South Carolina, home prices are much more affordable when compared to homes for sale in much larger cities.
2. There’s also more land available. In larger cities, homes are mostly in suburbs. Many rural areas have more land area for children to play and for animals to roam.
3. Rural South Carolina has a much slower pace of life when compared to the hustle and bustle of the bigger cities.
4. In rural South Carolina, we're able to enjoy more of the great outdoors and have a much more active lifestyle.
5. Also in rural South Carolina, there's much less pollution because there's less people. We don't have to worry about all of the smog and pollution, and instead we get to enjoy seeing all of the beautiful stars at night.