Spanning 50,000 Square Feet, The World’s Largest General Store Is Hiding In This Small Pennsylvania Town
Long gone are the days when general stores sat on Main Street in just about every town in the United States. Those quaint shops, where you could get anything you needed, have been replaced by big box stores and the convenience of online shopping. However, a few of those old general stores remain, including Country Junction — World’s Largest General Store; it’s tucked away in a small Pennsylvania town. One peek at these World’s Largest General Store photos will show you how it got its name.
Did you know this small Pennsylvania town was home to the World’s Largest General Store? Have you visited Country Junction — World’s Largest General Store? Share your experience in the comments! Up for discovering some more hidden gems? Hit the highway on this rural road trip to some of the best hidden gems in Pennsylvania.
More to Explore
Wonderful Shopping Spots In Pennsylvania
What are the best thrift stores in Pennsylvania?
The best thrift stores in Pennsylvania include:
- Philly AIDS Thrift. Shopping at this delightful thrift store will benefit local AIDS organizations.
- Care & Share Thrift Shoppes in Souderton. This is a great shop with musical instruments, books, albums, toys, and a wide selection of other goods.
- The Second Mile Center. You’ll find tons of discounts and sales regularly at this fantastic thrift store.
- Community Thrift Center in Pittsburgh. This is a massive thrift store with a vast collection of household items, electronics, clothes, and more.
Find out more about the best thrift stores in Pennsylvania.
What are the best farmers markets in Pennsylvania?
The best farmers markets in Pennsylvania include:
- Broad Street Market. Locals have been shopping at this spot since 1863! It’s quite the historical market.
- The Markets at Shrewsbury in Glen Rock. People flock here to purchase locally-grown produce, fresh meat and baked goods, crafts, and much more.
- Freedom Farms in Butler. The proprietors once had a reality show called Farm Kings. The King family is still hard at work here.
- Co-Op Farmers Market in Scranton. This outdoor market has been running since 1939 and is a community favorite.
Learn more about the best farmers markets in Pennsylvania.
What are the most charming general stores in Pennsylvania?
The most charming general stores in Pennsylvania include:
- The Pennsylvania General Store. While the name may sound generic, the wide variety of goods is anything but.
- Hilsher’s General Store in Port Treverton. Originally known as John C. Herrold’s General Store, this place has been open since 1910.
- The Forksville General Store. This charming little place has been serving Forksville residents since 1934.
- Wolfe’s General Store in Slate Run. This old store serves a rural community and is next door to a tackle shop.
Learn more about the most charming general stores in Pennsylvania.