The Most Remote Lake In Oklahoma Is Also The Most Peaceful
Spend a day (or a weekend) in the Wichita Mountains and enjoy one of the most serene places in Oklahoma. Within the mountains, you’ll find a breathtaking lake that’s perfect for fishing or kayaking. Quanah Parker Lake is a reservoir with only three miles of shoreline but it’s one of the most peaceful places you’ll ever find. Of all the lakes in Oklahoma, this one might just be the quietest, most peaceful one of them all.
Check out this jazzy look at the beauty of Quanah Parker Lake:
The Wichita Mountains are known for their stunning beauty, but did you know this time of year it’s brimming with wildflowers? It’s truly a magical scene and the best part is, that you can take a hike right next to thousands and thousands of wildflowers. Seriously, there’s nothing better than one of the best lakes in Oklahoma + wildflowers! The Jed Johnson Tower Trail will take you on a magical hike and it’s not far from Quanah Parker Lake.
More to Explore
Lakes in Oklahoma
- What are some of the best lakes in Oklahoma?
Oklahoma is a beautiful state with so much more to do and see than most folks give it credit for. It’s home to numerous gorgeous lakes, such as:
- Lake Murray – This lake is famous for its cleanliness and clarity. It’s in central Oklahoma and you can even rent a floating cabin here!
- Lake of the Arbuckles – A stunning mountain lake with 36 miles of shoreline, Lake of the Arbuckles is an amazing reminder of just how beautiful the Sooner State really is.
- Broken Bow Lake – This might just be the most beautiful lake in Oklahoma, and it’s even got some islands you can boat to! Camping here is also a treat.
Learn more about each of the best lakes in Oklahoma.
- What is worth exploring in the Wichita Mountains?
The Wichita Mountains are probably one of the most amazingly scenic parts of Oklahoma and among the favorite spots among Sooners for outdoor recreation. Some of the best things to do while exploring the Wichita Mountains are things like:
- Drive the Wichita Mountain Scenic Byway.
- Visit the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge.
- While you’re at the WM Wildlife Refuge, hike the Forty Foot Hole Trail to an incredible waterfall.
- Check out fall colors when the time is right.
- Hike, bike, camp, hunt, and fish – the outdoors are all yours!
Learn more about the waterfall at Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge.
- How large is Quanah Parker Lake?
Quanah Parker Lake is a beautiful, sparkling lake located in Comanche County, Oklahoma. It has a surface area of just 89 acres, making it not tiny but not overly enormous, either. It’s got three and a half miles of shoreline and is popular among folks who enjoy fishing and boating (though it also makes for a lovely swimming hole as well). Should you decide you never want to leave, you can always camp near the lake as well. Learn more about Quanah Parker Lake.