The Hike To This Gorgeous Oklahoma Swimming Hole Is Everything You Could Imagine
There’s something so relaxing about being out in nature. From beautiful scenery to the smell of fresh air, the outdoor life takes you to a serene environment you can’t replicate in the city. If you think hiking in summer in the Sooner State doesn’t sound very inviting, we have a hike that will make you think otherwise. Chickasaw National Recreation Area has trails in the middle of gorgeous topography that will lead you to several crystal-clear Oklahoma swimming holes.
Doesn’t that water look so refreshing? Visit our previous article for more information on Travertine Creek. And for more information about the park, visit the Chickasaw National Recreation Area website and trail information can be found on AllTrails+. Try it for free!
More to Explore
Oklahoma Swimming Holes
What are the best Oklahoma swimming holes?
Some of the best Oklahoma swimming holes include the following:
- Spavinaw Creek in Spavinaw
- Boy Scout Hole in Tahlequah
Check out more of the best Oklahoma swimming holes.
Are there any other waterfall swimming holes in Oklahoma?
Yes, there are waterfall swimming holes in Oklahoma. Here are a few:
- Travertine Creek’s Little Niagara
- Turner Falls, located in Davis, is an especially beautiful spot. It’s the tallest waterfall in the state at 77 feet and cascades down into gorgeous turquoise waters where you can go for a refreshing swim.
- In Pennington Creek Park, you’ll find a hidden gem in Pennington Creek. This Oklahoma hidden swimming hole features a small waterfall created by a dam and has a nice sandy beach where you can relax once you’re done cooling off in the creek itself.
Check out a few other Oklahoma waterfalls and swimming holes.
Where else can I go swimming in Oklahoma?
Here are some other places to go swimming in Oklahoma:
- Lake Murray, located in south-central Oklahoma, is a great spot for lakeside fun.
- Broken Bow Lake, in the Ouachita Mountains, is absolutely stunning year-round but especially fun in the summertime, with its gorgeous deep blue water, which is some of the cleanest in the state.
For more lake adventures in the Sooner State, visit our article on the 10 best lakes in Oklahoma.