If You Didn't Know About These 7 Swimming Holes In Oklahoma, They're A Must Visit
Every summer in Oklahoma, when the heat becomes overwhelming thanks to the humidity, Oklahomans swarm to the lakes, creeks, rivers, and swimming holes to cool off. As the lakes begin to warm up as the days do, most swimming holes stay a nice, chilly temperature year-round, and are the perfect spots to relax and take a dip in the refreshing water. Here are seven of the best swimming holes in Oklahoma to check out this summer:
For more of the best swimming holes in Oklahoma, check out Part One of our swimming holes. Where is your favorite swimming hole in Oklahoma? Did we include it, or would you like to tell us about it? Please do so in the comments!
More to Explore
Swimming Holes in Oklahoma
Are there any nice beaches in Oklahoma?
While landlocked, there are plenty of nice beaches in Oklahoma. Here are a few of those beaches:
- The shores of Lake Eufala, which is the largest lake in Oklahoma. Set up camp for a day or longer and soak in the sun’s rays here just like you could at a beach in Florida. It might even be a lot quieter here, too.
- The banks of Grand Lake
- The shores of Lake Murray
What kind of water parks in Oklahoma should I visit?
The water parks in Oklahoma you should visit include:
- Safari Joe’s H2O in Tulsa, which is great for the entire family
- Wild West Water Works, tucked inside Frontier City in OKC
- Hurricane Harbor in OKC is a park owned by Six Flags
Click here for more information about one of the best in the state.
What is summer in Oklahoma like?
Summer in Oklahoma is nice; sure, sometimes it gets a bit hot (and the humidity doesn’t help), but summer rain showers are a great relief, and so are days dedicated to Oklahoma’s beautiful and refreshing swimming holes. Summer is a great time for camping and hiking here, too, and there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of campsites all over the state.