Stroll Through More Than 60 Decorated Christmas Trees In New York At The Historic Coe Hall Mansion
As long as winter may seem here in New York, the holiday season always tends to fly by quicker than any other. To truly enjoy Christmas in New York to the fullest, a few things are an absolute must: a nostalgic Christmas lights road trip, a glittering drive-thru Christmas lights display, a stroll through a charming Christmas town … and a cheery Christmas hike. Now, add this gorgeous mansion and arboretum to your Christmas bucket list too! The perfect alternative to our outdoor Christmas Tree Trail in Hamburg, this season, you can stay warm and cozy inside Coe Hall as you stroll through a gorgeous historic mansion full of lavishly decorated Christmas trees.
A visit to the Planting Fields Arboretum and Coe Hall Mansion during the holidays is definitely a stunning way to kick off a traditional, magical Christmas in New York. If you’ve ever visited, we’d love to hear about your experience!
Wondering what other seasonal attractions await you out on Long Island? Then you’ll want to check out how you can Hang Out In An Igloo At Gurney’s Montauk Resort, A One-Of-A-Kind Resort In New York!
Do you still need to wrap up a few presents? Well, you should take a look at our new gift guide for travelers. Every adventurer will find something they want on this list.
More to Explore
Christmas in New York
What are the best Christmas towns in New York?
Sweet, charming, and full of traditional Christmas spirit, New York is full of towns of every size that are perfect for spending the holidays. We have so many magical Christmas towns in New York to visit during the holiday season, including:
- Some small towns in New York are like a storybook come to life - full of whimsical characters, vintage decorations, and delightful caroling.
- Others are like a sea of vibrant Christmas lights, filled to the brim with family activities and things to do for all ages.
- Check out this road trip to see some of our favorite Christmas towns in New York and take your pick!
What are the best things to do in New York for Christmas?
The holidays are a time to slow down and appreciate the little things. If you're looking for a laid-back way to kick off the holidays, New York's best Christmas lights are a fantastic place to start:
- The Bronx Zoo Lights are an annual tradition for many, but special Christmas events take place all around the state.
- For some daytime Christmas fun, start your Christmas shopping early at the largest Christmas store in upstate New York.
- Take a ride on New York's scenic Polar Express.
- Or maybe just skip the city and visit the North Pole itself.