Hot Air Balloons Will Be Soaring At Nebraska's Annual Old West Balloon Fest
Is there anything more delightfully whimsical than the sight of colorful hot air balloons filling the sky? Every summer, hot air balloon pilots and enthusiasts gather in Scotts Bluff County for one of the nation’s favorite ballooning events. The Old West Balloon Fest is an entire week of events that include watching balloons take off and tons of other family-friendly activities! This hot air balloon festival in Nebraska is full of photo-worthy moments for all ages, and it’s sure to become your family’s new favorite annual tradition.
Have you ever been to this nationally-recognized hot air balloon festival in Nebraska? The sight of colorful hot air balloons against the backdrop of the beautiful Scottsbluff area is truly a can’t-miss experience!
Note that visitors have to pay for an event pass, but the price is very reasonable and allows access to the entire week’s events. Learn more about this unique Nebraska hot air balloon festival on the Old West Balloon Fest website and keep up with the dates and locations of the event on its Facebook page.
What’s your favorite festival in Nebraska? We’d love to hear about it, and you may find it featured in a future story on Only In Nebraska! Just fill out our nomination form to tell us about it.
More to Explore
Hot Air Balloon Festival in Nebraska & Related Info
Are there any other hot air balloon festivals in Nebraska?
Nebraska's Old West Balloon Fest is arguably its most well-known summer event, but thanks to an abundance of wide open spaces and ideal weather patterns, especially to the southeast, Nebraska's hot air balloon scene is surprisingly happening! Keep your eyes on the skies and enjoy these beloved Nebraska hot air balloon festivals:
- Falls City Hot Air Balloon Festival, Falls City
- Nebraska Balloon and Wine Festival, Elkhorn
- Old West Balloon Fest, Scottsbluff
What are some of the most famous festivals in Nebraska?
Unique summer festivals, classic small town celebrations, and funky happenings galore take place throughout the year as Nebraskans gather to celebrate and enjoy the magic of every season. Here are some must-visit festivals in Nebraska:
- Arbor Day, Nebraska City
- Greeley Irish Festival, Greeley
- John C Fremont Days Festival, Fremont
- Intertribal Gathering in Fort Robinson Park, Crawford
- NEBRASKAland Days, North Platte
- Nebraska’s Big Rodeo, Burwell
- Omaha SeptemberFest, Omaha
What are the coolest museums in Nebraska?
Sitting snugly in the route of countless pioneers migrating west, the trans-continental railroad, and more, Nebraska is literally overflowing with museums that are dedicated to preserving its history and the history of America itself. In fact, you might even find a few hot air balloon displays as well! From small town specialty museums to nationally ranked art and history museums, here are just a few of the coolest museums in Nebraska:
- Bone Creek Museum of Agrarian Art, David City
- Bigfoot Crossroads of America, Hastings
- Freedom Park, Omaha
- G.W. Frank Museum, Kearney
- Hollywood Pinball & Arcade Museum, Omaha
- International Quilt Museum, Lincoln
- Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha
- Klown Doll Museum, Plainview
- Kregell Windmill Factory Museum, Nebraska City
- Lewis & Clark Pulley Museum, Crofton
- Museum of Nebraska Art, Kearney
- Museum of the Fur Trade, Chadron
- Museum of Shadows, Omaha
- National Museum of Roller Skating, Lincoln
- Pierson Wildlife Museum & Learning Center, Neligh
- Plainsman Museum, Aurora
- Sheldon Museum of Art, Lincoln
- Sandhills Heritage Museum, Dunning
- Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum, Ashland