Follow The Coast Along This Scenic Drive Through Massachusetts
There are some drives that are so scenic, so epic, you may feel as though you’re dreaming. As you drive, you “ooh” and “aah” over the remarkable vistas along the way. One byway that will drive through some of the most gorgeous scenery in the state is the Essex Coastal Scenic Byway. And if you’ve ever searched for scenic drives near me, then you’re in luck. This breathtaking coastal drive in Massachusetts is one of the most beautiful road trips you can take.
Take this road trip with YouTubers The Map Pinners as they journey along the beautiful Essex Coastal Scenic Byway.
Have you taken this scenic coastal drive In Massachusetts? Let us know in the comments! Visit the Essex Coastal Scenic Byway official website and follow the Essex Byway Facebook page to learn more about this coastal drive in Massachusetts. You may also want to consider taking a scenic drive between Cape Cod and Cape Ann.
Before you hit the highway, we want to make sure you’re prepared for your road trips. Check out our article about the best road trip snacks to enjoy on your scenic drives.
More to Explore
SCENIC DRIVES NEAR ME & RELATED INFO
What are some more scenic drives in Massachusetts?
While the Essex Coastal Scenic Byway is one of the best scenic drives in Massachusetts, here are some more scenic byways that are worth the trip:
- Mount Greylock Scenic Byway
- Chickatawbut Road
- Jacob’s Ladder Scenic Byway
- Route 116 Scenic Byway
- Connecticut River Valley Byway
- Battle Road Scenic Byway
- Mohawk Trail Scenic Byway
- Old King's Highway (Route 6A)
- Mount Wachusett State Reservation
- Lost Villages Scenic Byway (Route 122)
Be sure to read our previous article with more information about these scenic drives in Massachusetts.
What are the best natural wonders in Massachusetts?
There is no shortage of natural wonders in Massachusetts, but here are a few that are worthy of a visit:
- Crane Beach, Ipswich
- Chesterfield Gorge, Chesterfield
- World's End, Hingham
- Natural Bridge State Park, North
- Monument Mountain, Great Barrington
- Glacial Potholes, Shelburne Falls
- World's End, Hingham
- Natural Bridge State Park, North Adams
- Cape Cod National Seashore, Wellfleet
- Bash Bish Falls
- Quabbin Reservoir & Overlook
- Cochituate Lake, Cochituate
Discover more by reading our previous article taking you on a road trip to see some of these natural wonders in Massachusetts.
What are some of the best scenic overlooks in Massachusetts?
If you want to witness some of the most breathtaking vistas in our state, then check out these scenic overlooks in Massachusetts:
- Mount Sugarloaf Overlook, South Deerfield
- Blue Hills State Reservation Overlook, Milton
- Quabbin Reservoir Overlook, New Salem
- Crane Estate, Ipswich
- Aquinnah Cliffs Overlook, Martha’s Vineyard
- Alander Mountain Trail Overlook, Mount Washington
- Madonna Queen of the Universe, Boston
- Wachusett Mountain State Reservation, Princeton
- Mount Greylock Overlook
- Olivia's Overlook, Richmond
Read our previous article telling you more about these scenic overlooks in Massachusetts.