The Peach Truck Is Bringing Southern Love To The Bluegrass State This Summer
One of our favorite ways to celebrate summer in the Bluegrass is by embracing the bounty of seasonal produce available at our many local farmers’ markets and U-pick orchards. And while Kentucky’s farms produce some of the finest food in the country, we’ll readily admit that the best peaches come from our more southern neighbors. But you don’t have to road trip down to the Peach State for fresh peaches. If you’re wondering, “When does The Peach Truck come to Kentucky?” the answer is this summer! It will be bringing bushels of Southern love to many stops all over the Bluegrass, and you’ll definitely not want to miss out. Come along as we follow The Peach Truck 2023!
Fresh peaches and summer just go hand in hand. Add in a glass of sweet tea and an inviting Kentucky front porch, and you have the makings of an amazing summer in the Bluegrass State!
Have you ever visited The Peach Truck? If so, where did you catch it? How did the peaches taste? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
If you’re still in the mood for more Bluegrass State adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
We Love You, Kentucky!
Where can we find apple orchards in Kentucky?
- Hinton’s Orchard and Farm Market in Hodgenville is a family farm growing fresh apples and other fruits and vegetables.
- Eckert's Orchards in Versailles offers a variety of pick-your-own crops besides just apples.
- Jackson’s Orchard & Nursery in Bowling Green is an area favorite for its apples, peaches, and more.
Read on to learn about some of the other beautiful apple orchards in Kentucky.
Where can we find farmers' markets in Kentucky?
- The Madison County Farmers Market in Richmond is a popular open-air market offering seasonally fresh produce and other farm-produced items.
- The East End Farmers Market in Louisville offers produce plus homemade bread, salsas, sauces, and more from scores of local vendors.
- The Lexington Farmer’s Market in Lexington is open year-round and is one of the most popular in the state.
Read on to learn about some of the many other delicious farmers' markets in Kentucky.
Where can we find the best restaurants in Kentucky?
- Pompilio’s in Newport is the place to go for authentic Italian cuisine.
- Starnes Bar-B-Q in Paducah is famous for its slow-cooked, fall-off-the-bone ribs.
- Castle Farms Restaurant in Versailles offers an upscale dining experience featuring locally-sourced ingredients.
Read on to learn about some of the other outstanding restaurants in Kentucky.