The Scenic Road Trip That Will Make You Fall In Love With The Beauty of Kansas All Over Again
No matter how long you’ve lived here, we all know Kansas is an incredibly beautiful state. From our plains to our rock formations to our cities, we have a lot of gorgeous places in the Sunflower State. However, life gets to us all sometimes. It’s easy to go about your day-to-day life and forget about what a pretty place this is. If you feel like your love for Kansas is in need of rejuvenation, we’ve got just the solution. This road trip will take you to some of the most beautiful places in Kansas, and remind you that there’s no place like home.
How many of these spots on this road trip to beautiful places in Kansas have you visited? Anything you feel like should be added to this amazing scenic road trip in Kansas? Share your experiences in the comments!
More to Explore
Scenic Road Trip in Kansas
- Where should I go on a scenic road trip in Kansas?
If anyone ever tells you Kansas is not scenic, unfriend them. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life. There are numerous options for a good old fashioned scenic road trip in Kansas, including adventures like:
- The Flint Hills Scenic Byway – 48 miles long and goes right through the incredible Tallgrass Prairie Nature Preserve, which is the very essence of Kansas
- The Glacial Hills Scenic Byway – 63 miles long and filled with unusually interesting geology
- The Gypsum Hills Scenic Byway – 42 miles long and filled top-to-bottom with options for anyone who loves outdoor recreation
- Land and Sky Scenic Byway – 88 miles long and filled jaw-dropping scenery; easily one of the most incredible drives in the central plains
Learn more about some options for the best scenic road trips in Kansas.
- What are some of the most scenic places in Kansas?
Of course, if you ask us, Kansas is easily one of the most underrated states in terms of its amazing scenery. Some of our favorite jaw-droppingly beautiful scenic places in Kansas include:
- Monument Rocks National Landmark – one of the very first places to be designated as a National Landmark is right here in Kansas, and totally awesome
- The Flint Hills – this is typically what most people think of when they think of Kansas: rolling hills, amazing tallgrass prairie, and endless blue skies
- Geary County Lake – this lake is famous for its seasonal springtime waterfall known as Geary Lake Falls. There aren’t a lot of waterfalls in Kansas, but this one is epic
Learn more about some of the amazingly scenic state parks in Kansas.
- Where can I find some of the most amazing Kansas scenery?
The amazingness that is Kansas doesn’t end with just the above ideas and scenic drives. There are hundreds, if not thousands, more options when it comes to amazing Kansas scenery, including awe-inspiringly beautiful KS scenery like:
- The Topeka lavender fields are quite truly as amazing as they sound like they are. Imagine lavender for as far as the eye can see: that’s Kansas.
- The Lawrence Wetlands – a little peek into natural life in, well, a wetlands. This wetlands is special, though – it's cared for by Baker University to make sure it maintains its delicate natural balance.
Learn more about some of the most beautiful places in Kansas.