5 Lake Michigan Beaches In Indiana That’ll Make You Feel Like You’re At The Ocean
Did you know that there most certainly is a such thing as a beach day in Indiana? It’s true! Just head out to Lake Michigan, Indiana – which is home to several breathtaking examples. Here are five Lake Michigan beaches in Indiana that will make you think you’ve gone to the ocean. Each of these amazing, pristine attractions is worth the drive from any part of the state. Check them out:
What other Lake Michigan beaches are you looking forward to visiting? Share your favorites with us below in the comments. For more like this, check out these 10 little-known beaches in Indiana. What are some of your favorite places to relax in Indiana? Let us know.
More to Explore
Lake Michigan, Indiana
- Which Indiana beaches on Lake Michigan are the most amazing?
Indiana is a state that doesn’t get the love it deserves. It’s one of those places that’s so much more beautiful – and diverse – than most folks will ever give it credit for. For example, Lake Michigan alone is an excellent destination; it’s home to amazing beaches that look and feel like the ocean! Some of the most amazing Lake Michigan beaches in Indiana are ones like:
- Porter Beach – this one comes with Indiana Dunes National Park and is 100 percent a national treasure. The water is amazingly blue and it goes on forever. We are obsessed.
- Dunbar Beach – this one often gets overlooked in favor of other beaches, but it’s amazingly beautiful and worthy of admiration.
- Central Avenue Beach – this one makes for an amazing beach day that’s sure to scratch that “I need to escape to the Caribbean” itch.
Learn more about these amazing Indiana beaches and a few more, too.
- What are some of the best beaches in IN?
Lake Michigan doesn’t get to have all the fun, of course. There are hundreds of epic beaches in Indiana that you’ll love – both on and off Lake Michigan. Some other awesome beaches in IN are:
- Michigan City Beach – this one might be the single most photogenic Indiana beach, with an adorable lighthouse and a gorgeous pier.
- Fairfax Beach – you’ll find this beach at Monroe Lake, one of the most beautiful lakes in Indiana.
- Indiana Beach – this one has a huge amusement park. Huge. Amusement. Park. Enough said.
- Pike Lake Beach – if you’re a fan of sand beneath your feet, you’re going to love the sandy bottom of Pike Lake Beach.
Learn more about our favorite beaches in Indiana.
- What should I do during a trip to Lake Michigan Indiana?
Lake Michigan, Indiana is an excellent option for an idyllic day trip (or something even longer). There are literally hundreds of options when it comes to things to do; some of our picks for the best stuff to do during a trip to Lake Michigan are things like:
- Visit some of the beautiful small towns, like Beverly Shores.
- Indulge in some truly amazing waterfront dining – right here in the Midwest!
- Explore the numerous amazing state and National Parks on and nearby the lake, like Indiana Dunes National Park – which is incredible.
Learn more about the single clearest, most beautiful lake in Indiana.