This Little-Known Campground In Arizona Is In One Of America's Most Incredible Dark Sky Parks
Not everyone knows this, but the Grand Canyon is actually a certified Dark Sky Park! One of the lesser-known campgrounds in the park, Desert View Campground provides stellar views of the cosmos. It’s among the best stargazing camping in Arizona, offering plenty of peace and quiet while you enjoy the scenery.
Be sure to visit the National Park Service campground website for more information and/or to make a reservation.
Have you ever stayed at the Desert View Campground? If so, do you agree that it’s one of the best places to stargaze in Arizona? Which part was your favorite? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
While we’re at it, don’t forget to check out our previous article for another Dark Sky Park worth visiting.
If you’re still in the mood for more Arizona adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
Fun things to do in Arizona
Where can we find some of the best restaurants in Arizona?
- Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles in Phoenix serves up some of the best chicken and waffles, as well as other delicious breakfast fare.
- El Hefe Scottsdale in Scottsdale is a popular spot for its distinctive tacos and happy hour offerings.
- El Guero Canelo in Tucson has been a city favorite for about 30 years and is popular for its special Sonoran Dogs.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other delicious restaurants in Arizona.
Where can we find haunted attractions in Arizona?
- The Verde Canyon Railroad in Clarkdale comes out every Halloween season and is full of scary things all over the train as it winds through the countryside.
- The 13th Floor Haunted House Phoenix in Phoenix has been voted one of the best haunted houses in Arizona for several years.
- The AZ Scream Park in Scottsdale and Mesa creates very scary and unique themes for the Halloween season.
Read on to learn more about some of the other creepy haunted attractions in Arizona.
Where can we find waterparks in Arizona?
- Paqua Park at the Scorpion Bay Marina in Morristown is a popular 7,000-square-foot inflatable obstacle course waterpark.
- The Great Wolf Lodge in Scottsdale is one of the popular national chain waterparks dotted all over the country, offering loads of fun for the entire family.
- Enchanted Island Amusement Park in Phoenix has a wide array of amusement-type rides and attractions, as well as a bumper boat area and waterpark splash zone for young kids.
Read on to learn more about some of the other exciting waterparks in Arizona.