With Only 10 Campsites, The Blue Ridge Campground In Arizona Offers A Remote Forest Escape
There is nothing worse than looking forward to a relaxing camping trip only to be surrounded by rowdiness and a general disregard for the inherent peace of Mother Nature. Luckily, there is a campground in Arizona where you’re pretty much guaranteed not to be bothered. Blue Ridge Campground, tucked away in Rim Country near the Blue Ridge Reservoir, is one of the most remote campgrounds in Arizona, with only 10 total sites. It offers seclusion, tranquility, and the opportunity to recharge – everything you could hope for in a camping trip!
Visit the USDA Forest Service website for more information about the campground, including current nightly rates.
Have you ever stayed at the Blue Ridge Campground? Are there any other remote campgrounds in Arizona worth visiting? Tell us your thoughts in the comments! Don’t forget to check out our previous article for the best things to do in Payson AZ while you’re in the area.
More to Explore
Blue Ridge Campground
- Where is Blue Ridge Campground in Arizona?
Nestled in the quaint, small mountain town of Happy Jack, Arizona, is the beautiful Blue Ridge Campground. It’s about five miles north of the Blue Ridge Reservoir and staying here is a treat. It doesn’t require reservations and is a first-come, first-served campground. Blue Ridge Campground does an excellent job of showcasing just how lovely camping in Arizona is – after all, it’s incredibly beautiful, and too many folks just don’t give AZ the credit it definitely deserves.
- Where can I find some of the best camping in Arizona?
Camping in Arizona is a sought-after activity for lots of reasons – most of which involve just how awesome the Copper State is when it comes to the great outdoors. You’ll find some truly amazing camping in Arizona in fairy-tale amazing places like:
- Flagstaff – This incredibly beautiful mountain town is one of Arizona’s finest, and the camping in and around town is second to none. This forest escape is nothing like what most folks think Arizona is.
- Sedona – Not terribly far from Flag, Sedona is known for its stunning red rocks, vistas, and beautiful Oak Creek Canyon. It’s also home to incredible campgrounds you’ll never find anywhere else.
- Catalina Mountains – This one’s for lovers of southern Arizona! Camping in the gorgeous Catalinas is absolutely wonderful, and too many folks pass it up in favor of northern Arizona.
Learn more about some of our most amazing AZ campgrounds.
- What are some of the best campgrounds in Arizona?
Given that there are so many awesome campgrounds all over Arizona, it’s tough to determine which ones are the “best” - but there are definitely some that tend to stick out above the rest in terms of overall wonderfulness. Some of the best campgrounds in Arizona are:
- Cattail Cove – Camp lakeside at the beautiful (and underrated) Cattail Cove State Park.
- Manzanita – This stunning campground is nestled within beautiful Oak Creek Canyon, and it’s easily one of the most beautiful in the nation.
Learn more about all the amazing places to go camping in Arizona!