Pine Flat Campground Might Be The Most Beautiful Campground In The Entire State Of Arizona
There are more places to pitch a tent in Arizona than we could ever even attempt to count, but not all of them boast picture-perfect, 360-degree views. Nestled up against the iconic red rock landscape of Sedona, Pine Flat Campground certainly does – and it’s arguably one of the most beautiful spots to camp in the entire state.
Take a digital stroll around this little piece of paradise in this short video:
Check out the Forest Service website for more information about the campground.
Have you ever stayed at Pine Flat Campground? If so, we’d love to hear all about your experience in the comments section below. Tell us your thoughts, then check out this epic campground at the Grand Canyon for another AZ campground surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
More to Explore
Pine Flat Campground
- What are some of the best campgrounds near Sedona?
Arizona is an amazingly beautiful place, and one of the single most famous towns in Arizona is famous for its incredible beauty: Sedona. Sedona is also home to world-class camping and campgrounds, too! Some of the best campgrounds near Sedona include ones like:
- Chavez Crossing Group Campground – This private campground is beautiful, affordable, and perfect for escaping into nature.
- National Forest Service Land – The state of Arizona allows dispersed camping for free (for no longer than 14 consecutive days), and there are hundreds of wonderful spots in and around Sedona perfect for pitching a tent.
Learn more about the various opportunities for dispersed camping in Arizona.
- Where can I go camping in Oak Creek Canyon?
Oak Creek Canyon essentially connects Sedona to the city of Flagstaff (which is about 40 miles north). Camping in Oak Creek Canyon, much like camping in the rest of Sedona, is truly a fairy-tale experience. Some of the best places to go camping in Oak Creek Canyon are:
- Cave Springs Campground – This is one of the most popular camping spots in the state for a reason: it’s amazingly beautiful! Lots of campsites are right on Oak Creek.
- Manzanita Campground – Another creekside escape, Manzanita Campground is out-of-this-world beautiful and fills up fast, so you might want to arrive very early.
- Pine Flat Campground – Most of the campsites here are located right up on Oak Creek, and this campground is a little slice of perfection.
Learn more about Oak Creek Canyon, Arizona.
- What are some other amazing places to go camping in Arizona?
Of course, one needn’t limit themselves to just the above-mentioned campgrounds. There are literally thousands of incredible places to camp in AZ, all of which are worthy of adventure. Some other excellent places to go camping in Arizona are places including:
- Bear Canyon Campground – This one’s great for water lovers, as it’s right alongside beautiful, sparkling Bear Canyon Lake.
- Hilltop Campground – This campground near Payson needs no reservation and is one of many nearby beautiful Lynx Lake.
Learn more about these gorgeous places for camping in Arizona.