Alaska Food & Dining January 08, 2018
by Carey Seward The 15 Alaska Restaurants You Must Try In 2018
Alaskans know how to work up an appetite. Constant brisk ski days in the mountains, chopping wood for the stove or just staying warm in frigid temperatures can make you ravenous. Luckily, inspired chefs and restauranteurs have create delicious places to satisfy your hunger in the 49th state. Try these dining establishments and you won’t be disappointed in the quality, style or flavors. There are restaurants for everyone in this list, but don’t limit yourself to the familiar. Try them all to experience the best in Alaskan cuisine in 2018!
1. The Flats Bistro, 39847 Kalifornsky Beach Road, Kenai
2. Skagway Fish Company, 201 Congress Way, Skagway
3. Lavelle's Bistro, 575 1st Avenue, Fairbanks
This upscale star shines brightly in Fairbanks with an excellent menu of modern dishes with international influences. The ambiance is superb, but the real star is their 4000 bottle wine list where you can always find the perfect pairing.
This Elegant Restaurant In Alaska Is A Wine Lover’s Dream
4. Marx Bros. Cafe, 627 West 3rd Avenue, Anchorage
5. The Bubbly Mermaid Oyster Bar, 417 D Street, Anchorage
6. The Ramen House, 149 East Fireweed Lane, Anchorage
7. The Rustic Goat, 2800 Turnagain Street, Anchorage
8. Hula Hands, 501 West Fireweed Lane, Anchorage
9. Captain Patty's Fish Shack, 4241 Homer Spit Road, Homer
10. Rose's Cafe, 2495 Parks Highway, Healy
11. Louie's Steak & Seafood, 47 Spur View Drive, Kenai
12. The Islander, Long Island - Big Lake
This completely unique restaurant lies in the middle of Big Lake on an island. In summer, boating is the preferred way to get there and in the winter, snow machines are in vogue. Any time of year, it's an adventure to check out this island oasis for cheeseburgers and cold beer.
The Alaska Restaurant That’s One Of The Most Unique In America
13. Double Musky Inn, Mile 0.3 of Crow Creek Road, Girdwood
14. Moose's Tooth, 3300 Old Seward Hwy., Anchorage
15. 229 Parks Highway, Mile 229 Parks Highway, Denali National Park
If you LOVE to dine, then head to the
14 Neighborhood Restaurants In Alaska With Food So Good You’ll Be Back For Seconds. For the cuisine that is most Alaskan, try These 13 Restaurants Are What Alaska Cuisine Is All About.
How many of these have you been to? Which is your favorite? Tell us about it in the comments below.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.