Alaska December 18, 2017
14 Neighborhood Restaurants In Alaska With Food So Good You’ll Be Back For Seconds
These neighborhood restaurants in Alaska are where to find homestyle cooking and friendly service. When you are traveling in Alaska, look for these spots that locals love for the homey atmosphere and classic style. You’ll see why these neighborhood restaurants are popular with visitors and locals alike.
1. Kriner's Diner, 2409 C Street, Anchorage
This place in midtown Anchorage is a classic diner with friendly service, a broad menu of options, and a classic vibe.
2. Lucky Wishbone, 1033 East 5th Avenue, Anchorage
Famous for fried chicken, pie, and St. Patty's Day decor year-round.
3. Leroy's Restaurant, 2420 C Street, Anchorage
Leroy's 24 hour diner is an Anchorage staple for affordable greasy spoon cuisine.
4. Peggy's Restaurant, 1675 East 5th Avenue, Anchorage
With old school decor, a classic diner menu, bottomless coffee, breakfast served all day and a great location make Peggy's and Anchroage favorite. Salmon is so prevalent in Alaska that it is served as the special at the local diner!
5. Arctic Roadrunner, 5300 Old Seward Highway, Anchorage
Your "Local Burgerman" makes delicious burgers, homemade milkshakes, hand cut onion rings and all the burger shop classics. Try the salmon burger for an Alaskan treat.
6. Little Richard's Family Diner, 2698 Hurst Road, North Pole
This long, skinny diner is like stepping back in time. The shiny chrome, classic diner cuisine, open kitchen and friendly folks make this place a staple in North Pole.
7. Duncan House Diner, 125 E Pioneer Ave, Homer
This place is known for delicious breakfasts with hearty portions and homemade biscuits.
8. Pioneer Cafe, 619 Mission Street, Ketchikan
This 1950's style diner is a little off the beaten path in Ketchikan, perfect for fuelling up after a day on the water.
9. Rose's Cafe, Parks Highway, Healy, Denali National Park and Preserve
Along the Parks HIghway in Healy, this diner is a safe haven for weary travellers and hungry locals. The piping hot plates of home cooking will revive anyone. Look for the giant rose along the highway.
10. King's Diner, 1941 Mill Bay Road, Kodiak
11. Donna's Restaurant, 9131 Glacier Highway, Juneau
Close to the airport and convenient, Donna's is a simple, tasty classic diner. A hole-in-the-wall with generous portions and friendly Alaskan hospitality.
12. Sam's Soudough Cafe, 3702 Cameron St, Fairbanks
This local spot is popular for solid portions, delicious breakfasts, sourdough pancakes and bread, and reindeer sausage omelettes.
13. Mat-su Family Restaurant, 401 West Parks Highway, Wasilla
Heaping portions and a family vibe add a special touch to diner meals. This place has all the old fashioned style and charm of a vintage diner.
14. Bakery Restaurant, 69 College Rd, Fairbanks
Known for it's nostalgic swirling display case of pies and desserts, the Bakery feels like it's a special occasion even though it's a simple diner. Enjoy a vast menu and prompt service.
If like these places, you may like
These 13 Restaurants Are What Alaska Cuisine Is All About or These 13 Restaurants Serve The Best Bloody Mary In Alaska.
How many of these restaurants have you tried? Tell us about it in the comments below.