Alaska November 02, 2017
These 13 Restaurants Are What Alaska Cuisine Is All About
These restaurants are Alaskan standards, loved by locals and visitors alike. They define the cuisine of the state with their expert touch on seafood and steaks. Enjoy these excellent restaurants for a true taste of Alaskan cuisine.
1. Marx Bros. Cafe, 627 West 3rd Avenue, Anchorage.
This elegant bistro has been the gold standard in Alaskan dining since 1979. Known for quality ingredients and an exquisite wine cellar.
2. Timberline Atop Mount Roberts, 490 South Franklin Street,
Ride the tram up to the top of Mount Roberts for an incredible view and delicious food, perfect for a special occasion.
3. 229 Parks Restaurant and Tavern, 229 Parks Highway, Denali National Park & Preserve.
This delicious restaurant is surrounded by natural beauty and has a modern, chic vibe. Check out their edgy cuisine using Alaskan ingredients and gourmet techniques.
4. ginger, 425 West 5th Avenue, Anchorage.
With fusion cuisine and modern flair, this place is a standby for seafood and interesting flavors. The cocktails are show-stopping and the desserts to die for.
5. Lavelle's Bistro, 575 First Avenue, Fairbanks.
Known for the hundreds of bottles in their wine cellar, Lavelle's is a breath of fresh air in the arctic. The cosmopolitan cuisine is perfectly paired with wines from around the world.
6. Club Paris,
417 West 5th Avenue, Anchorage.
The classic Alaskan standby is a steakhouse with fresh seafood, excellent service and high end cuisine. Always delicious and the people are always make you feel like part of the family.
7. Fat Olive's, 276 Ohlson Lane, Homer.
This Italian place in the seaside town of Homer has a delicious take on seafood, pasta, and pizza.
8. Lugvig's Bistro, 256 Katlian St, Sitka.
With a blend of Mediterranean and a cozy atmosphere, this restaurant will make you feel right at home.
9. Fat Mermaid, 143 North Harbor Drive, Valdez.
Right on the wharf in Valdez is this fabulous seafood restaurant. The fish couldn't be fresher, the atmosphere warmer, or the chowder more delicious.
10. Spenard Roadhouse, 1049 West Northern Lights Blvd, Anchorage.
A great place for brunch, dinner or cocktails. Featuring a bacon of the month!
11. Mountain High Pizza Pie, 22165 South C Street, Talkeetna.
The best pizza ever is in the coolest little town, Talkeetna. Head here for pies piled high with anything you can imagine in a beautiful setting.
12. Jack Sprat, 165 Olympic Mountain Loop, Girdwood.
A modern place with international cuisine, this place is foodie heaven. Head here after a day of skiing in the Chugach for a divine experience.
13. Snow City Cafe, 1034 West 4th Avenue, Anchorage.
The clear choice for midday dining, snow city is a the breakfast brunch hot spot of the city. They even have coffee for you while you wait at this popular spot. Get your Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon or king crab cakes!
How many of these places have tried? Tell us about it in the comments below.