Visit Cave of the Mounds, A Unique Christmas Cave In Wisconsin This Season
Cave of the Mounds is a stunning National Natural Landmark west of Madison that’s been open to visitors for 78 years. Many Wisconsinites have found their way here over the years, but did you know that this awesome landmark transforms for the holidays? You already know and love local Christmas traditions and the splendid light displays of our tightly-knit communities, but now it’s time to explore the most interesting Christmas Cave in Wisconsin. Check it out:
During the winter, cave tours typically run every hour from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. The last cave entrance time is 4 p.m. The Light in the Cave tours run the entire month of December.
Have you ever explored the Cave of the Mounds, the incredible Christmas Cave in Wisconsin, for the holidays? Let us know about it in the comments!
Looking for more awesome holiday plans? Check out the winter walk in Wisconsin which is positively enchanting.
More to Explore
Christmas Events In Wisconsin
What are some things to do in Wisconsin at Christmas?
When snow starts to fly in Wisconsin, the entire state turns into a winter wonderland. If you are looking for winter holiday fun, check out some of these things to do in Wisconsin at Christmas:
- A Cedarburg Christmas, Cedarburg, WI: As far as quaint Christmas towns go in Wisconsin, Cedarburg is hard to beat. The whole five-block downtown is listed on the National Register of Historic Places so come Christmas time it is like stepping into a Norman Rockwell painting. Holiday lights, horse-drawn carriages, and unique boutique shops to pick up fun gifts - what more could you want?
- North Pole Christmas Village: This free-to-attend Christmas Village is a pretty magical spot northeast of Chilton, WI. It may just be one of the largest indoor walk-thru experiences in Wisconsin. You'll discover numerous charming scenes like ice-skating penguins, a teddy bear village, and of course, Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer. Santa always makes a visit as well so you can make sure to tell him exactly what is highest on your wish list.
- Ingleside’s Country Christmas, Pewaukee, WI: Take a break from Ingleside Hotel's massive indoor waterpark and step outside for a wonderful holiday lights display. The Country Christmas Trail is a drive-thru event filled with millions of lights, two miniature villages, and a 200-foot tunnel of lights. Be sure to stop by the huge toy barn for last-minute gifts.
If you are looking for even more things to do in Wisconsin during Christmas time, how about a holiday lights road trip? Stay nice and toasty when you pile into an RV from RVShare as you travel across the state enjoying some of our favorite Wisconsin Christmas towns.
What are the best holiday light displays in Wisconsin?
Some of the best holiday light displays in Wisconsin include:
- Rotary Lights: The Rotary Lights in La Crosse offers a festive walk-through display featuring hundreds of thousands of lights.
- A Lure of Lights: Each year Hayward drapes its streets with brilliant colors during this magical festival.
- Old World Wisconsin: The town of Sharon, Wisconsin transforms into an old-fashioned winter wonderland that’s straight out of Charles Dickens’ dreams. If you want to celebrate the season with an Old World flair, Old World Wisconsin features a seasonal celebration that’s all sorts of fun.