The Ultimate Pennsylvania Waterfall Road Trip Will Take You To 6 Scenic Spots In The State
It’s never a bad time for hiking, whether we’re blinking and stretching from our winter hibernation or melting our way through the summer months. It’s just a proven fact: the great outdoors will always inevitably beckon. If you’re looking to indulge in some of the best waterfalls in Pennsylvania, keep in mind that spring is the best time for this. The melting ice and snow cause their beauty to reach peak impressiveness! So how about a waterfall road trip to indulge a little? We think yes.
Here’s a great road trip to take in eastern PA that will showcase some of the most beautiful waterfalls our state has to offer. The loop will take a little over five hours to drive, though if you have less time to spare, you can always cut a few points out. Our itinerary begins at Ganoga Falls and travels in a loop northwest to Ricketts Glen. Here is the Google Maps link for you to follow, or adjust at your leisure.
Tag someone below who would love this adventure along a waterfall road trip in Pennsylvania– and of course, this barely scratches the surface of the best waterfalls in Pennsylvania. Any others that you would suggest?
And if you’d like to chase waterfalls this winter, check out these incredible frozen waterfalls in Pennsylvania.
More to Explore
Waterfall Road Trip
- What are some must-do stops on a waterfall road trip in PA?
If you’ve decided you’d like to hit the road and go chasing some waterfalls, we’ve got you covered! There are an enormous number of amazing waterfalls in Pennsylvania (more on this in a moment), and some of the must-see ones are ones like:
- Bushkill Falls – This incredible cascade is often referred to as the “Niagara Falls” of our little state, and it really is very impressive.
- Dry Run Falls – This waterfall is one of the most picturesque ones in the entire state; it’s like something out of a fairy tale!
- Ohiopyle Falls – This amazing waterfall is one of the most famous ones in the state, and for good reason. You need to experience it at least once.
Learn more about each of these amazing waterfalls in Pennsylvania.
- How many waterfalls in PA are there?
At the time of this writing, there are more than 128 known waterfalls in PA. The largest is Raymondskill Falls, a triple-tiered beauty is just a few feet shorter than Niagara Falls! The second-tallest falls in PA is the amazing Dingmans Falls, which is as photogenic as it is tall.
- What other beautiful places in PA are worth visiting?
The waterfalls are just one of many things that make this state so ridiculously beautiful. There are an incredible number of beautiful places in PA worth visiting, such as:
- Lake Erie – This is probably the most underrated of the Great Lakes, and that’s unfortunate because it’s incredibly beautiful.
- Lehigh Gorge State Park – All of the state parks in Pennsylvania are incredible, but this one is literally famous for its beauty.
- The Pocono Mountains – This place is intensely beautiful and outrageously photogenic. It’s one of the state’s most popular destinations.
Learn more about some of the most beautiful places in Pennsylvania.