9 Iconic Foods In New Hampshire That Will Have Your Mouth Watering
The weather in New Hampshire often runs a little cooler than the rest of New England, perfect for tucking in with some warm, mouth-watering foods. These nine New Hampshire foods will have your tummy rumbling. Don’t blame us! New Hampshire cuisine is just delicious! If you’re wondering what food is New Hampshire known for, this list is a good place to start. But don’t confine yourself. The state is also developing a great reputation for craft breweries. Foodie options abound once you cross the New Hampshire border.
Watch this quick YouTube video by Wiki Peaks telling you more about the best New Hampshire foods:
Looking to dine out? Check out these New Hampshire restaurants you must visit before you die! They offer some of the best food in New Hampshire and we can bet they have more than a few of these classic dishes on the menu.
More to Explore
New Hampshire Foods
What restaurants should I check out in New Hampshire?
Don't skip the lobster rolls! The whole New England coast makes a mean one. In fact, if you are searching for a restaurant that makes the best lobster rolls in New Hampshire, check out our list. We've put together some of the best restaurants the state has to offer. Just be careful — this list is going to make you hungry!
Aside from the iconic foods listed, what are some foods in New Hampshire that you recommend?
New Hampshire cuisine is downright delicious, so no matter what you try, you will love it. But here are some of our recommendations for what to eat in New Hampshire:
- Corned Beef with Vegetables / New Hampshire Boiled Dinner
- Poutine - Cheesy French fries smothered with delicious gravy
- Eggs Benedict - add lobster to take it to the next level
- Oysters - raw, cooked, fried, stuffed, try ‘em all
- Steamers - steamed soft shell clams
- Grape Nuts Ice Cream - make it at home, it’s delicious
- Steakbombs - steak sandwich with cheese, salami/ pepperoni, veggies
- American chop suey - stew made with ground beef, veggies, and macaroni
Check out our previous article with more iconic foods in New Hampshire that we recommend.