Nevada October 31, 2017
12 Horribly Creepy Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do In Nevada
Nevada is one haunted and oftentimes horribly creepy state. Haunted hotels, houses, and cemeteries abound, and, if that’s not enough, there are also attractions that prey on and cater to our inherent desire for the macabre. Here are 12 horribly creepy things to do in Nevada.
1. Visit Las Vegas' brand new haunted museum.
Zak Bagans' brand new
has finally opened, and it is getting rave reviews. Once you sign a waiver (yes, a waiver) you can see all of Bagans' own haunted and cursed collectibles. Think of it as a real-life Friday the 13th: The Series.
2. Go on a creepy overnight ghost hunt in Virginia City.
Old Washoe Club
is already one of the most haunted buildings in the most haunted town in Nevada. Spend the night locked down looking for ghosts? Or not.
3. Take a creepy road trip to Nevada's haunted houses.
From Las Vegas to Reno, this
will take you to ten of the most haunted houses in the state.
4. Speaking of road trips, there's a haunted cemetery one as well.
Even if they aren't haunted, cemeteries are creepy. If you dare, take this
road trip across the state.
5. Spend the night in this ridiculously haunted hotel.
6. Or better yet, book a room in this creepily haunted hotel.
is steeped in area lore. With a variety of resident ghosts and an elevator with a mechanical mind of its own, I dare you to spend the night here.
7. Visit this extraordinarily creepy Tonopah motel.
If you're not coulrophobic, you might enjoy the
There are, seriously, thousands of clowns throughout this establishment that is rumored to be haunted. If that's not creepy enough, the Tonopah Cemetery is right next door. Oh yeah, and the hotel is also
8. Visit Nevada's cursed lake.
The Paiute claim
is cursed and haunted by strange creatures lurking below. Now, that's creepy!
9. Immerse yourself in disturbing mob history
Mobsters are not known for being nice guys (regardless of what Hollywood tries to sell us.) Learn about the history of organized crime across the U.S. at the intriguing
Oh yeah, and it's rumored to be haunted as well.
10. Spend the day in this creepy old mining town.
is mostly abandoned today. Well, save for the ghosts that allegedly haunt several of the buildings like the hotel and school.
11. Take a creepy haunted mine hike.
The Yellow Jacket Mine
in the Gold Hill area of Virginia City was the scene of a terrible tragedy that killed 39 miners. Consequently, there are rumors of creepy paranormal activity in the area.
12. Visit the absolute scariest Halloween haunted house attraction.
There you have it: 12 horribly creepy, haunted, and terrifying sights, sounds, and experiences in Nevada. How many were you unaware of? How many have you experienced? Did I leave your favorite off this list? Please comment below.