Nebraska November 01, 2016
Why Falling In Love With Someone From Nebraska Is The Absolute Best
I don’t mean to brag (yes I do), but Nebraskans are pretty much the best kind of people you’ll ever find. And if you happen to fall in love with one of us, well, consider yourself lucky. There are probably a million reasons to love a Nebraskan, but these are some of the most important.
1. We're generous and always ready to lend a helping hand.
You need a couch moved? We're there. Forgot your lunch at home? Here, have half of our sandwich. We're sweet like that.
2. We know how to see the beauty in the simple things.
The smell of fresh air, the sun setting over a picturesque farm...we know the best things in life aren't really things.
3. We're adventurous - and we know how to have fun.
We're always up for a new adventure.
4. We're super-friendly and always quick with a smile.
Even for strangers...but we save our best smiles for the people we love most.
5. We're intelligent.
Even if we didn't go to a prestigious college, Nebraska has great public schools and we grew up learning from some of the best teachers in the nation.
6. We're helpful.
Believe it or not, helping someone out isn't really a chore for us. We
like doing good deeds.
7. We know where the best food is.
As a state, we're hopelessly divided over where to get the best pizza, burger, or steak - but it doesn't matter, because everywhere in Nebraska serves the best. We'll help guide you through a thorough series of taste tests.
8. We're fiercely protective of those we love.
Once you've captured the heart of a Nebraskan, they'll be there for you through thick and thin.
9. Family and friends are more important to us than just about anything.
That includes love interests.
10. We may look tough on the outside, but inside we're a bunch of softies.
A lot of us have hard jobs that happen to build up a gruff exterior...but we'll always keep our sweet interior just for the people we love.
11. We know that true romance isn't expensive meals and flashy gifts - it's a sunset walk while holding hands.
I mean, it's not that we don't like gifts...but you're most likely to capture our hearts with a thoughtfully-selected bouquet of wildflowers than a bunch of roses you spent way too much money on.
Have you fallen in love with a Nebraskan? Tell us all about why in the comments!