The 9 Best Back Roads Around St. Louis For A Scenic Drive
The city of St. Louis is surrounded by beautiful rivers and landscapes. From farms to streams, to big rivers, there is a lot of beauty surrounding St. Louis. If you feel like getting out on the road, here are nine of the best back roads and scenic drives neat St. Louis:
There are so many great and scenic drives near St. Louis with a view, let us know in the comments about more roads we may not know about! For more great scenic drives throughout Missouri, check out these 15 country roads around the state, and get ready for your road trip!
More to Explore
Road Trip Attractions in Missouri
What are the most underrated attractions in Missouri?
The most underrated attractions in Missouri include:
- Lone Elk Park. If you’re into wildlife, come here to see elk, deer, wild turkeys, bison, and much more.
- The National Museum of Toys and Miniatures. This is the largest collection of antique toys in America and is a wonderful palace for nostalgia.
- Seal Life. This aquarium in Kansas City has more than 30 exhibits where you can learn about and interact with all manner of sea creatures.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Home and Museum. Come see the place where the “Little House on the Prairie” books were written.
Discover more about the most underrated attractions in Missouri.
What are the most hidden natural attractions in Missouri?
The most hidden natural attractions in Missouri include:
- Engelmann Woods Natural Area. There is an old-growth forest here as well as a cave and vibrant wildflowers.
- Prairie State Park. This is a place where you can hike along several trails surrounded by wildflowers and bison.
- Bluff Dwellers Cave. These caves are spread over 3,000 feet and are full of history and beauty and there‘s a nearby museum.
- Lover’s Leap. Climb to this overlook and see stunning views of the small town of Hannibal and the valley and river that surround it.
Learn more about the most hidden natural attractions in Missouri.
What are the best farmer’s markets in Missouri?
The best farmer’s markets in Missouri include:
- City Market. This is perhaps the largest farmer’s market in the state and has rides for kids, entire flats of flowers, and tons of locally-made items.
- Greater Springfield Farmer’s Market. This huge market has produce, crafts, art, and so much more and it takes place at Battlefield Mall.
- Hannibal Central Park Farmer’s Market. You’ll find baked goods, fresh fruits and vegetables, and a selection of goods from the local Amish community.
- Briarcliff Farmer’s Market. This market in Kansas City has locally-made products, houseplants, and crafts, and you’ll enjoy live music.
Find out more about the best farmer’s markets in Missouri.