Kansas City September 21, 2017
13 Struggles Everyone In Kansas City Can Relate To
Sometimes in Kansas City, the struggles are real. While there is the age-old complaint involving our wacky weather patterns, there are other more pressing struggles we can all relate to. Like explaining to out-of-towners that you didn’t grow up on a farm and then
move to the big city. If you’ve ever lived in Kansas City, then you can probably relate to the following struggles:
1. Explaining to visitors that we're mostly Missouri, only a little Kansas.
Everything the light touches is our kingdom. Just kidding, but there's a clear line starting at the river and going down, dividing us by state.
2. When someone from another state insists you have an accent.
We don't, you do! Kansas City is in the melting-pot area of the Midwest, so I think it's gotta be
you with the accent, not me.
3. When you think it's finally spring, and you suddenly get snow in mid-March.
It's happened before and it'll happen again, unfortunately.
4. Anytime you're going out of town, you have to worry about hitting deer and wrecking your car.
Sometimes you even have to be concerned just driving next to a golf course.
5. You know just how real the Kansas - Missouri rivalry is.
We do butt heads pretty often.
6. Your ears ringing for days after a Chiefs game.
There's a good reason we're considered the loudest stadium!
7. When you're just trying to drive to work, but street construction is like:
Nope. Not today. Find another way!
8. Trying to pick where to eat with your friends... and you each have 10 different ideas.
Sometimes, there are
too many restaurants to choose from.
9. Getting touched by your car's built-in branding iron on a hot day.
It's even worse if your car still has metal on both sides.
10. Should you avoid the mosquitoes or go watch the stunning sunset?
The neverending dilemma.
11. Trying to dress yourself in the winter.
Coat? Jacket? Shorts? It's a mystery!
12. You don't know what you'd do without the sound of rushing water everywhere downtown.
There are fountains everywhere... we'll leave it at that.
13. Above all, we struggle to see why anyone would want to live anywhere else!
Truly, it's a wonderful city to call home.
What other struggles do you face as a Kansas Citian? Our comments section is always open for your thoughts!
For more serious KC humor, here are a few reasons
why living here ruins you for everywhere else.