Kansas City August 25, 2017
10 Ways Living In Kansas City Ruins You For Life
You have to admit, Kansas City is a pretty amazing place to live. With so much to see and do we can get a little spoiled here, can’t we? So if you ever moved away from Kansas City (and really, why would you?) there are a few things you will never be able to forget about this Midwestern gem.
1. Kansas City's skyline is pretty darn amazing.
Nothing like finding a good spot (and there are so many!) to see the sun setting over KC.
2. No other BBQ will ever compare.
Seriously. If you leave the city don't even try.
3. People who don't understand "Wear Red" Friday are just weird.
It's Chiefs Kingdom, after all, starting in the fall.
4. You know you'll never root for another baseball team the same after 2015.
Even if you weren't a baseball fan, you kind of feel like crying anytime anyone talks about the Royals winning the 2015 World Series.
5. There's no fall like a Kansas City fall.
September and October are a glorious refuge after July and August.
6. The holidays just aren't the holidays without the Plaza lights.
You would miss it if you left. You know you would.
7. You wouldn't understand weather that doesn't change every 10 minutes.
Is it fall-winter? Or winter-spring. What is this life?!
8. We take our St. Patrick's Day parade very seriously.
What do you mean your city doesn't have a parade?
9. If there's not a shuttlecock on the front lawn of a museum you'd be very disappointed.
I mean, it doesn't make sense. But if you're a Kansas Citian it does.
10. Don't tell us that the birth of Jazz started somewhere else.
Well, it may have been birthed somewhere else. But it definitely grew up here. We can back that up at our American Jazz Museum.
So don’t even think about moving away. Besides, we’d miss you!
What about you? In what ways has Kansas City ruined you for any other city?