Kansas City November 19, 2017
The Christmas Lights Road Trip Around Kansas City That’s Nothing Short Of Magical
The holiday season is right around the corner, and lights are being put up more and more every day. It might not be quite Christmas yet, but why not live and let live? This amazing Christmas lights road trip high
lights 10 of the best light shows in and around Kansas City.
1. The Country Club Plaza - 4745 Central, Kansas City, Missouri
Nothing says holidays in Kansas City more than the Plaza. Though we sometimes feel like the lights are just a common occurrence, we still catch ourselves staring every year.
2. The Mayor's Tree at Crown Center Square - 2450 Grand Blvd., Kansas City, Missouri
The annual lighting of this tree is a city wide event, but even if you miss it you should still stop by and witness the 100-foot tree in all its glory.
3. Pleasant Valley Baptist Church's Liberty Light Show - 1600 N State Route 291, Liberty, Missouri
This amazing 15-minute show is one for the family. Lights synced with live music isn't something you find often, and the magical combination is best viewed right here in Liberty. It really is an amazing show, and not one you'll find anywhere else.
4. Zona Rosa's Northern Lights - 8640 N Dixson Ave., Kansas City, Missouri
The crown-themed lights at Zona Rosa are a special break from the normal snowflakes and stars you see everywhere else. The square is filled with holiday cheer to help complete your road trip's goal: more lights!
5. Legends Outlets - 1843 Village West Pkwy., Kansas City, Kansas
Every year, Legends displays this gorgeous 45-foot tree that towers over the square. It's just gorgeous, and the perfect backdrop for photos.
6. Stagecoach Park - 1205 E Kansas City Rd., Olathe, Kansas
This classic display of animated lights really brings out the holiday spirit, and is another great addition to this list. There are giant trees and twinkling lights, galore!
7. Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead - 13800 Switzer Rd., Overland Park, Kansas
Catch the amazing lights here at the farm, where you can take a break for a while and enjoy the ever-shifting display on the barn.
8. Vince and Associates' Light Show - 10103 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, Kansas
Another light show? Another light show! These never get old, most likely because there's a million and one ways to set them up. As far as the KC area goes, this is one of the best.
9. Lee's Summit Magic Tree - 10201 View High Dr., Kansas City, Missouri
Of course, you can't go look at holiday lights without seeing The Magic Tree. It's here every year, and the magic surrounding it extends much farther than the light.
10. Christmas in the Park - Longview Lake Park
This amazing display is worth every minute spent outside your warm home, and is a great way to round out your road trip. Tip: head here on weeknights to make the wait shorter!
Here’s a link to our road trip, or just use the map below if you’d like to look around.
After all of these amazing events, the only thing left to do is
check out even more winter fun this year!