Kansas City January 26, 2018
Every True Kansas Citian Has Had These 10 Bizarre Experiences At Least Once
Have you ever asked yourself whether other people in KC have to go through these things too? Of course, some of them are personal experiences, but many are city-wide! There are all sorts of things that Kansas Citians have had to do at one time or another, but do these 10 apply to you? Let’s take a look.
1. Traveling next to traffic cones for what seems like forever.
Kansas City has a lot of traffic going on, so it's not out of the ordinary to feel like you're trapped in a city full of cones sometimes.
2. You've put up your Christmas lights while wearing a t-shirt.
The weather really does go up and down, so it's not that odd to relax mid-December in a t-shirt one day and freeze your nose off the next.
3. Hearing an outsider say there's better barbecue than Kansas City's.
Our barbecue is the absolute best and there's no contest. Well, except for the American Royal!
4. Someone asking if you "have a feeling you're not in Kansas anymore".
I just... can't deal with these people anymore.
5. When the seasons get really confused during the week.
You need to bring a jacket and umbrella wherever you go, it seems. I suggest just wearing layers.
6. Or even during the same day.
Layers might help, but sometimes the weather will sneak up on you when you're unprepared.
7. Going back to normal life after a St. Patrick's celebration.
The KC area has such a rich Irish history that it's no wonder we get so excited for the holiday!
8. School or work being canceled when the roads look like this:
Sometimes schools use a snow day when they have extra, but sometimes you feel like they just didn't want to get out of bed.
9. Trying to explain Puppy Chow to someone.
Puppy Chow is a Midwestern favorite, yet some people still don't understand that we aren't talking about dog food. A doggy bag of puppy chow makes anyone happy, don't you know?
10. Realizing how impossible it is to explain just how awesome Kansas City is.
No matter how many attractions or people they see, no one will ever understand until they've lived here.
Speaking of being a Kansas Citian, have you ever been out of town and
reminded of home? It could be any sight or smell, and suddenly you’re homesick for the beautiful Kansas City.