Take The Longest Float Trip In Illinois This Summer On Fox River
If you are in search of a relaxing water adventure on a hot summer’s day, look no further than a float trip down the Fox River. A scenic ride awaits while you sit in a tube and let the water do all the work. Fox Hollow River Tubing in Illinois offers a float tour that’s six miles long, which happens to be the longest one in the state. Come experience some of the best river tubing in Illinois.
Get an in-depth history of Fox River:
Make your summer memorable with the longest float trip in Illinois. Have you been on a float trip with Fox Hollow River Tubing in Illinois? If so, did you choose the three-mile or the six-mile tubing adventure? Let us know about your experiences in the comments. Check out these other fantastic rivers in Illinois, some of which are perfect for tubing.
More to Explore
Natural Attractions in Illinois
What are the most beautiful natural wonders in Illinois?
The most beautiful natural wonders in Illinois include:
- Matthiessen State Park. The canyons here have interesting striations and there are beautiful waterfalls hidden throughout.
- Garden of the Gods. This is one of the most gorgeous places in the state with 300-million-year-old rock formations.
- Cave-in-Rock. This water-carved limestone cave with a 55-foot entrance was formed over millions of years and was once a hideout for bandits.
- Starved Rock State Park. In these canyons, some trees grow out of the sides almost horizontally and there are all sorts of lovely hiking trails.
Learn more about the most beautiful natural wonders in Illinois.
What are some bucket list natural attractions in Illinois?
Bucket list natural attractions in Illinois include:
- Pomona Natural Bridge. Located in the Shawnee National Forest, this natural rock bridge is 90 feet across and 30 feet high.
- Burden Falls. As one of the tallest waterfalls in the state, this one is 35 feet tall and is made up of several smaller falls.
- Bork Falls. The waterfall here drops into turquoise waters and it’s a wonderful swimming hole during the summer months.
- Giant City State Park. There are swirling, otherworldly rock formations here that look like they’d be at home on an alien planet.
Find out more about bucket list natural attractions in Illinois.
What are the most scenic hiking trails in Illinois?
The most scenic hiking trails in Illinois include:
- Castle Rock State Park. There are boardwalk hikes here with amazing views of the rolling hills and lush forests in this park
- Ferne Clyffe State Park. There are 18 trails in this park that will take you to forests, waterfalls, and lovely fields.
- Illinois Beach State Park. There are few places more beautiful than a beachside hiking trail. There are 6.5 miles of shoreline to hike here.
- Buffalo Rock State Park. While the verdant foliage is a sight in itself, there are also bison that roam the area that are a wonder to behold.
Discover more about the most scenic hiking trails in Illinois.