Take A Hidden Staircase To An Georgia Overlook That’s Like The Famous Stairway to Heaven
Anyone who is an avid hiker or who has been to Hawaii likely knows about the famous Haiku Stairs, otherwise known as the Stairway to Heaven. With about 3,922 steps on the island of Oahu, this hike is easily one of the best in the state. Georgia has something comparable, despite being a bit shorter in size. With under 200 stairs, this shorter stairway to heaven in Georgia climbs to the top of Bell Mountain. Once you reach the summit you are treated to one of the best Georgia overlooks you can imagine with a 360-degree scenic overlook that is simply jaw-dropping.
This smaller version of the stairway to heaven in Georgia is a wonderful way to look out over the landscape and see just how magical Georgia can be. Have you ever hiked to the top of Bell Mountain before? Was the view as incredible as the photos?! Share with us your experience in the comments section! We’d love to see how you captured this 360-degree Georgia overlook.
More to Explore
More scenic places in GA
What are some of the best Georgia overlooks?
Georgia has some amazing scenic overlooks throughout the state. With plenty of hiking trails to keep us busy all year long, each of them having some gorgeous views you'll be hard-pressed not to find a good scenic spot to gaze out over the Georgian landscape with wonder. Here are a few of the best Georgia overlooks:
- The Yonah Mountain Trail, Helen, GA: It's a fairly tough 4.4-mile hike to get there, but once you do you'll be rewarded from every direction. The Yonah Mountain summit is simply stunning.
- Anna Ruby Falls Observation Deck, Sautee Nacoochee, GA: Much easier to get to but still with stunning views is the observation deck at Anna Ruby Falls. There is something so soothing about listening to these falls from the wooden deck surrounded by tall trees and lush vegetation.
- Arkaquah Trail at Brasstown Bald: Another vigorous hike will take you to an awe-inspiring overlook with unobstructed views of Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. Brasstown Bald is the highest point in Georgia and the views you'll have of the Blue Ridge Mountains will literally take your breath away.
- Providence Canyon, Stewart County, GA: Known as Georgia's Little Grand Canyon, this canyon has amazing views from just about any hiking trail you find. Its 150-foot rock faces with colorful striations make for wonderful photos and even better memories.
- Cloudland Canyon Overlook Trail, Rising Fawn, GA: Cloudland Canyon State Park is jam-packed with scenic views, but you'll find some of the best Georgia overlooks along the West Rim Trail. It is especially stunning in the fall when the mountains blossom with reds, gold, and yellows like a sunset that has dusted the land.
See photos of all of these scenic views as well as several more in this article about Georgia's most stunning scenic overlooks.
What is the elevation of Bell Mountain in Georgia?
Bell Mountain Georgia elevation is 3,424 feet. You can experience this stunning Blue Ridge Country mountain in all its glory by climbing 115 steps to an overlook that gives you amazing views of Lake Chatuge and the surrounding valley below.